Worst thing that could have happaned this year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rock8titans, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

IMO re-signing Jeff Fisher was the worst thing that could have happaned this year. I feel a change was in order with the WHOLE coaching staff, which seems to be a root of their issues among many others this year. Aside from the defensive/offensive coordinators being among the worst in the league, I'm tired of Fishers lax attitude and coaching style. All he had to comment about the last game was that every team has one game like that a year, hopefully it won't happen again? If I were the coach I would be irrate with that performance. This team is in a downward spiral and I don't see things getting much better. Scoring only six points against a horrendus Cincy defense is unacceptable.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Fisher keeps everything in house. I would have loved an honest appraisal from him but he's never going to rip his players in front of the media.

Don't mistake his public image for a lax attitude.

3. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

i really think Fisher is the least of our problems...other coaching staff maybe, but we need some playmakers.

4. DJB

DJB Starter

The Titans record for this season and last season are much better than anyone had predicted. Why should a coach get fired for getting his team to win more games than anyone expected the last two seasons? It's not like a different coach would cause the WRs to hold onto the ball or magically repair Haynesworths hamstring.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Who's job is it to get rid of stank coaching staff?

6. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

I didn't say fire him, but wait a little longer, or till the end of the season, it's like they were doing well, re-signed him, then the team stinks soon after.

It's not just this year either. As long as I can remember, Fisher is the type of coach that when has a lead goes into conservative mode, which I HATE. Keep piling up the points, put the game out of reach. How many times have we seen the Titans take the lead, then on every other possession afterward, run the ball over and over again for consecutive 3 and outs. Never liked him, never will.

7. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Fisher wouldn't know a playmaker if it hit him square in his face.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I disagree that it's the WORST thing that could've happened.

I do think the Titans jumped the gun on his contract extension, BUT who else would the Titans have signed as a head coach?

Fisher is a hard coach to judge. I almost give him a pass for the angry houston (once they knew the team was moving), memphis, and vandy years. Still only 4 out of 13 years in the playoffs, isn't that impressive.

I'd really like to see Fisher leave Nashville with a superbowl win. I'm not a big fan of his coaching philosophy though. However, I do like when Fisher will occasionally run some offense or special teams trick plays.

I hope the team becomes more dominant, because I don't know how many more years my heart can take 3-4 point victories with the occasional 30 point losses.

9. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Guest

The worst thing was going 6-2 because we arnt that good of a team. We were predicted to be at the basement of the AFC south and We over achieved. That record fooled everyone to the type of team we were. We needed to be that horrible team we were predicted to be so we could have something to improve on for next year, and get a draft pick that is high, so we can improve our team greatly.

10. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Fair point. We need a high draft pick so we can get a smart QB :irked:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar