Would Lendale Make a good fullback?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Anthony4Titans, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

I'm not the most knowlegeable football guy out there. But on the Madden07, I changed his position to FB and his rating went up. Would like to have seen him play more this past season and maybe he could have as a FB.

2. AH3

AH3 Rookie

He'd probably be decent, but no way he's better than Sarge. Lendale is just in a bad situation right now- backing up CJ and, even if he played FB, Hall. That backfield just produced a 2000 yard season and is the best RB/FB combo in the NFL.

Our best bet is that some team really likes Lendale and will sign him so we can take their pick(s). Hopefully a 2nd or 3rd rounder. He'll be playing RB somewhere else next season.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I disagree. LW is restricted. I say he is in 2 tone blue and that JF is more sane in his split of the RB carries.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

I don't have a good read on where he will be next season. But I just thought he could definitely have taken some snaps on some of the more short yard situations. I didn't figure he would be better than Hall either for the role the Titans utilize the FB. I bet he's a better runner than Hall tho. We just barely use the FB to run.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

This is the most likely scenario. Unless, there's a team out there that really wants him and is willing to give us a nice pick. Not very likely, but still very possible.

6. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

Seattle....

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I don't think he blocks well enough to be a FB but I see what you're saying Anthony. He does run better than Hall, and it would've been nice to see Lendale and CJ in the backfield together.

8. RTH

RTH Meh...

I don't see what team would offer us a decent pick for him... he didn't really do much this past season. Why trade anything resembling decent for a, basically, unknown commodity?

I would have liked to see him utilized more this past season - if only to get his stock up! As it is... I, personally, don't see much value in him.

9. AH3

AH3 Rookie

Do you all seriously think Lendale wants to be sitting in CJ's shadow for much longer? The guy lost a lot of weight and kept his mouth shut this season and is a RFA now. But he and other teams know that he has what it takes to be a starting RB that can take a bulk of the carries on an NFL team. CJ is too good to not use (this year was too much, but still) and LW is too good to sit the bench. The Titans can't give him a big contract since we have to address CJ's contract in the next few years and bulk up our D. I like the guy but there's no way he's coming back to the Titans. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go to San Diego.

To stay on topic, yes he probably should have been used more this season, especially in short yardage situations. I'm not too devastated (I had CJ in fantasy!), but I bet he wasn't happy about it. He was smart to keep quiet about it though.

10. vy102000

vy102000 Camp Fodder

I think the he'd fit in great with Denver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar