Would the Lions trade?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Vigsted, Jan 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

It seems that a lot of people think the Lions will draft a QB to replace Harrington (although I'm not so sure, since Millen is still in control). However should it be the case, would they be interested in trading up for our #3 pick to ensure they get Leinart, Young or Cutler (however they rate them)?

2. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Cutler is not going to go 3rd. The Lions will be able to sit tight and get him at 9.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

and why the hell do we wanna trade out?

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Because I don't think there's that big a difference between Cutler, Leinart and Young and if we can get one at 9 and get 1st round pick next year or a 2nd round this year plus change, it would be a great deal.

Many mockdrafts have the Lions taking Cutler at 9, and you'd think the argument is that he's the last of the 3 "elite" quarterbacks left. Which means, depending on how they rate the QB's, they might go for a trade to take Young or Leinart, depending on who NO takes (if they even pick a QB).

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see why Cutler is a reach at 3 and Young is not... sure Young is athletic, but that is way overrated, just look at Brooks, Vick, etc.

5. If they really want Leinart, they probably would. If they would be happy with Cutler, maybe not.

And if Young is on the board, I think it's moot because I think we'll take him...

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Exactly. :rolleyes:

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Well considering about 50% of QBs taken early end up as total duds and Cutler might be as good as Young or Leinart the question is why wouldn't we? Keep in mind when I say 50% of the QBs that are early draft picks don't make it I mean they don't even last in the league let alone end up being an average QB. GO back and do some research. Of course every year we repeat the old "but these guys are not like those guys" phrase but the bottom line it keeps happening. It will be interesting about 5 years after the draft to see how these guys end up. Wouldn't surprise me to see a 6th round draft choice be the best of the bunch 5 years from now.

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Because Young has proven he can dominate at the college level while Cutler hasn't ?

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i wouldn't worry about it much ......

Detroit's gonna pick Santonio Holmes :wink2:

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Danny Wuerrfel dominated at the College level
    that translated well to the pros, didn't it ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar