Would the Titans dare try a 2 QB system?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

:werd:

2. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

I concur...

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

So do I...but also wanna see the new sig.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I would be curious if we put VY in some special packages where he is the slot or him and CJ are running the spread option exclusively. Might be the perfect offense for when we're up 2 scores and just want to drain the clock second half.

I agree with above posters, please do not underestimate Baltimore, these guys give us fits. This might go down as the ugliest game of the year, a win would be great. This is a great mental challenge for our team, being on the road against a hated opponent with a stellar defense. This could be a HUGE swagger builder if we go in and punch them right in the nose.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

This physical game worries me alot. We have avoided the injury bug and Ray-Ray broke Mendenhalls shoulder. Baltimore is coming off a very close division loss and wants this win bad to keep in the hunt.

I concerned that if we try to pound the run game or put it on CJ's shoulders he is going to get banged up. I'm dying to know who is dressing for this game. I'd like to see Chris Henry and/or Ganther getting some carries also to soften up the D and start working CJ more in the second quarter.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Your just wondering if that flashlight looking thing he's holding vibrates. :winker:

7. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

You better believe that Lewis will be enforcing that D to knock Tenn. off its high horse of being undefeated....This game is going to be close, but maybe not last second field goal close...It will certainly be a chess match of great D's and field position though

I hate saying it, but the Ravens are as scary as us on D. I say 17-13 game, Titans squeak by.

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Ravens D has three starters out for Sunday's game. Ray Lewis kills power backs. Remember Eddie George? Mendenhall got destroyed last week! Done for the year. U run up the gut, Ray Lewis will obliterate u before the end of the game. This is why we should run only to the outside with Johnson, and throw short passes, and screens, with the occasional vertical pass to keep them honest. Lendale should only be used in goal line, or 4th and short situations. Our offensive line has been very good in pass protection all season. The Ravens shouldn't be good enough on offense to score more than 16 points on our defense, so if we take care of the ball, and score a couple touchdowns in the game, we should win. That don't mean we will though. No road game is a gimme, unless your at Detroit, or St Louis.

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I think we'll see Collins drop back and dump off short passes a little more. We'll play conservatively. This game is going to get UGLY and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Chris Henry will not be dressing for this game. Quinton is above him on the roster. Look for a lot of Lendale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar