Would the Titans have won either of their last 2 games without CJ?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Kaeotik, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

It is a fair statement.

Personally, I speculate that the team would be absolutely terrible if Ringer got all the snaps.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I still don't get why CJ is expected to carry the team on his back like Brady or Manning. Is it because he got a decent contract? His contract was decent but certainly not as huge as everyone makes it out to be. VY was sitting on the sidelines making about what CJ is making now in 2008 playing with dolls and listening to his IPad. CJ was helping the team that year put up the best record in the NFC. KC was our QB for God's sake.

It is obvious the last couple of games CJ has looked like the 2009 version and that truly did help us win those games. That is all we can ask of the kid. Go out and do your job. If the Titans lost a few years ago did everyone bash KB and discuss how unimportant OLBs were? KB was making damn good money. It is a team effort and unless we have a great QB CJ is worth having around. This team is in the playoff hunt. Is it because we have one of the most dominating defenses in the league? Is it because our QB is an all pro carrying the team on his back? No right now it is because we have a RB who is actually pretty good. I don't care what anyone says replace CJ with Ringer and this team isn't very good right now. With Cj we actually might have a chance at beating the Saints and/or getting to the playoffs. Like it or not CJ is making that much of a difference when he is playing at a high level.

Take 2009 just as an example. Everyone likes to point out that 2009 was a trophy year proving RBs aren't very valuable. After all CJ ran for over 2000 yards and set the record for yards from scrimmage and the team sucked. But that is near retarded thinking. A better way to think is to imagine having Hass at QB instead of VY or the 2008 Titans defense instead of the 2009 version led by our hero Cecil. Put a decent team around that 2009 performance and that team is suddenly dang good.

Nobody would argue if you had the chance to trade Johnson for Rodgers you wouldn't do it (and pay Rodger's three times what CJ makes in a year). But that is meaningless. But even Rodgers needs guys on the OL to do their job and not get knocked back like they are wearing skates. CJ can't play defense either. It is a team effort. IMO the money CJ makes isn't an issue if he continues to play well and do his job and certainly he has done that the last couple of games. Those guys on the OL are getting paid pretty well also. I'd love to see them do their job. Hass is getting paid pretty well. he hasn't been doing his job of late.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

1 word = 'playmaker'

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

That's a great point, one that was seldom mentioned during the holdout. NFL contracts are a complete pile of crap. You hear about XPlayer signed a $XXX million contract, but what do they really see out of that? It's ridiculous. In baseball and basketball, you get a yearly rate. Cut and dry. Idk why the NFL can't seem to figure that out.

If CJ blew his knee without getting a new deal, he would have earned about $3 million for his entire career. Although that's a lot of money, that money WILL NOT last. And his ENTIRE life has been geared toward playing football. He's clearly not trained or qualified to do anything else. He made his plays, he deserved his money.

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Statistically, he's one of the most explosive running backs in the history in the NFL. NFL contract extensions are all about what you've already done, and he did everything he was supposed to do to earn his. He's made more big plays in the past 4 seasons then any three Titan's combined in that span.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Well CJ should be able too live off $3m, anyone should be able too.

That aside CJs inability too cope with non-football life is again CJs issue

FWIW I think CJ will do fine after football. Granted its not a lifestyle I would aspire too but I aint CJ either.

7. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Yes he is.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

where were they prior to TB?

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol

see above

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I see your point and pretty much agree. However, just wanted to say that 3 million could set you up for life if you were smart with it. Sure you might have to bring in some extra money somehow along the way but if any rational mid-20's person were given 3 mill over a 3 year period they could live very comfortably for the rest of their life. Again, IF they were smart and didn't blow it all on cars and gaudy jewelry.

But if your plan is to spend it on stuff like this... [​IMG]

and this...

[​IMG]

then no, it's not going to last very long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar