Would the Titans have won either of their last 2 games without CJ?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Kaeotik, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

If someone gave your 25 year old self $3 million would you just hang it up and retire? No. You'd pursue your career, because $3 million simply won't last you the rest of your life. This is CJs career. He's a McDonalds employee if he doesn't play football. And that goes for most of the players in the league. Kurt Warner was a grocery bagger before he became a HOF QB, so don't try and put this on CJs ignorance. The guy deserved a big contract, and he got it by any means necessary. Case closed. If the team WANTED him in TC, they should have paid him. Their bad.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well you can at least drive that stupid car. You would look like a fool, but you could go get groceries

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Actually I would have, but then agian I aint ignorant

and yes $3m would last the rest of your life and should change the zip code of your decesndants

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

CJ has had 48 games in his career. During that time, he's only been on one real slump, the first 8 games of this season. Those games which occurred after his holdout, after an NFL lockout, after we brought in an entirely new coaching staff, after we brought in a new QB, after we changed our entire offensive line blocking technique, and after no organized team workouts, practices, or activities for an entire offseason.

The fact that you pin ALL of that on CJ is ridiculous. I understand, you're from a different generation then CJ, probably don't like the guy as a person due to his lack of command over the English language, dreads and gold teeth. He isn't marketable and he's got a thuggish image. I get that. But the fact that our running game sucked for 8 weeks simply cannot be put entirely on him. Our offensive line is playing MUCH better now then they were in September, and look at the results. Granted, CJ is playing much better too. He came out flat and out of shape. But I don't hear anyone calling for Eugene Amanos head every week. Or Jake Scott. Those dudes are making $5 million and $4 million respectively this year. They sucked too. They still do suck. Now CJ is ballin' an you're talking about "well yeah but he sucked earlier this year." If you hate CJ so much, you may as well find a new team because he's going to be our #1 back for several years to come.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

You did not pay much attention too me, and a lot of others. I want Amano fired - out of a cannon

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I ain't ignorant? lol, kind of ironic.

And no, $3m wouldn't last anyone 40 years. Buy yourself a house a car and put two kids through college and most of that is gone. Want to change zip codes, move uptown? The entire stack of money is gone.

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Well I see you bashing CJ and pinning all this lack of running success directly on him in about 1/4 of your posts. Ignoring the fact that the FO just forked over some top offensive lineman salary to Amano, no questions asked.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I have previously addressed this. Yes I mostly blame CJ as any rational person does.

I really could care less. Dude has never been in any trouble so its all good too me. But it is still funny.

CJ admitted as much in a radio interview this week.

You have apparently been on hiatus. This has been addressed multiple times. I say swap back Amano and Harris and dump Scott - should have never been signed.

I have considered your advise and I deem it meritless - but thanks anyways

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

you clearly dont know much about money management. Any pile of $$$s should last indefinatly if you only tap 4% yearly. 4% of $3m is $120k which is $10k a month. I wont cry a river for anyone who cant TCB with $10k a month.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

thats just wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar