Would this trade be "ho-hum"?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Apr 29, 2015.

?

Define this trade

Poll closed May 3, 2015.
  1. Great trade for Titans!

27.3%
  2. Ho-Hum trade

54.5%
  3. Worse than ho-hum, Titans got robbed!

18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

A home run would be if it included their 2016 first, but that's still a pretty decent offer.. I'd be content with taking that.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I think there are 2 issues at play with both teams. First, if the Titans are not getting a QB at the top of this draft, they will want a 1st rnd pick in 2016. A 2nd rnd pick won't help us enough to go up for a QB in 2016 if Mett fails.

Second, the browns are without Gordon and are desparate for a big WR. I think we can accomplish both things.

Suppose we give them #2, OC Schwenke, and WR Hunter for 12, 19, 43 and 1st rnd in 2016 and Alex Mack (who I think they will lose after the season anyway)? WIN WIN!!!

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

People keep saying this and rather incorrectly!!!

NO ONE is asking for an RG3 trade offer. There is a BIG difference between trading back 4 spots and still being in the top 6 than trading back 10 spots and picking OUTSIDE the top 10.

Washington gave up a lot (like they were moving up 10 spots and Rams were falling outside the top 10) more than they should have and more than the trade chart says. Mariota IS projected to be as good as RG3 if not better.

So while 3 firsts sounds like a lot, it is equal value for the pick...actually less than normal value for droppiong that much without even considering where your first pick will be (outside top 10).

If you think the Titans should give up the #2 pick in the draft and drop 10 spots and pick outside the top 10 for an extra 2nd rndr this yr....you haven't really been paying attention to trades and don't even check a trade chart. We wouldn't trade to the Jets at 6 just for there 2nd rndr this year and thats only dropping 4 spots. That drop probably prevents you from taking the best 2 QB's, the best player in the draft and probably the best WR and pass rusher.

Unless the titans really don't like Mariota AND want to trade back for anything, I don't see them trading out of #2 for anything short of an equal value trade at least...especially with all the media focus and pressure!!! If Webster gave up the #2 pick to drop back and got just a 2nd rnd pick for it, he might as well pack his bags unless that extra 2nd turns into Odell Beckham Jr 2.0.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I am not sure what you are saying..

you keep saying 1- 2nd round... uh no

2- 1st round picks (12 and 19) + a 2nd round.

that is a total of 3 very good picks. Mariota is NOT the equivalent of 3 very good picks, he just isnt. sorry.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

The reality though is that we are VERY unlikely to actually get 3 very good players out of those 3 very good picks.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Could've had Danny Shelton and 3 more players instead of maryNOta. We ****ed up.

• Boring Boring x 1
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

QB more important than NT

8. Alex1939

NT > bust QB.

9. Alex1939

I honestly want to say maryNOta will be the next Montana or Brady. Except neither were drafted in the first round. Maybe he will be the next Manning except he has zero Manning abilities.

Well I was conceived in Hawaii, I have residence in Nashville, and have probably spent months in my life in Chicago visiting for various reasons (next to Vegas and Florida locations the most anywhere I haven't lived)... and I wanted VY and I was okay with Locker selection..... so Mariota will be awesome??

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Gotta roll the dice on a guy at some point. You know as well as anything the biggest thing that has held this franchise back is lack of a franchise QB. Without one those extra picks do not mean much. Teams with franchise QBs make the playoffs with regularity. Teams who compromise at QB miss the playoffs with regularity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar