Would we want Peyton in the front office?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rcarie, Jan 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I disagree, I think he did. What did Denver have going on before Manning came in.... A 2nd year Von Miller, and an aging Champ Bailey? Who else....

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Elway definitely influenced manning decision. I think he pitched the concept on how he won his two titles, run game and defense.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don't know what you're saying. I'm saying he went there because the personnel was better, not just because of the lore of Elway as you suggested in your prior post. We may be in agreement about the personnel issue.

4. Riverman

I'm not disagreeing Elway influenced his decision to go to Denver, I'm saying it was the MAJOR reason as it appears JCB suggested.

5. JCBRAVE

Team was crap, but they had the almighty Elway. Peyton being a QB wanted to be with Elway the QB.. Same way we always were able to lure in those over hyped linemen while Bruce and Munch were here...

6. Riverman

The team advanced in the playoffs under Tebow just before they got Peyton. It wasn't crap. They had DT.

No doubt Elway outlined a plan to get more FA (RB's, WRs, bolster D) and THAT was influential to Peyton. Not just the "legend" of Elway as you suggested.

And we overpaid those linemen. they didn't come here mostly because of Munch and Bruce.

7. JCBRAVE

no it was Elway being there doing that 5 times that made him want Elway, nothing to do with their team in its current state..

8. Riverman

Yeah and jake Locker turned our team around like you said. :D

9. JCBRAVE

I said that? thats doubtful

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. Riverman

took me a minute to read between the lines....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar