Would you be disappointed if the Titans don't make a cut by Tues?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I for one would be.

Why delay the inevitable, especially regarding David Stewart? We don't have much cap room right now, and with Tuesday around the corner, we need to start making the obvious moves to create more cap space. I know we are unlikely to be major players (if players at all) come Tuesday but these moves should be obvious:

Cut David Stewart
    Cut Craig Stevens
    Cut/Re-Structure CJ
    Cut/Re-Structure Wimbley

I know there have been some rumblings about waiting for June to cut CJ, after teams have spent their big money in FA. Really though, I don't see the point. Sure it would "stick" it to CJ, but it also prevents us from spending that $$ in FA. If you're going to cut him, do it before Tuesday. Perhaps they see this strategy as forcing him to re-structure, I don't know.

Wimbley may fit this 3-4/hybrid look but to pay 6 million to a guy who had 11 tackles & 3 sacks last year would be the biggest joke ever. Wimbley should at least cut his salary in half, anyone disagree?

2. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Restructuring just pushes money around. Wimbley and CJ would have to take paycuts to stay.

3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

All 4 of the guys you mentioned should be cut ASAP.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Sorry, my point was CJ & Wimbley should take paycuts to stay. CJ won't and that's fine, but Wimbley should.

5. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Why do we want Wimbley to stay again?

6. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

He actually wasn't garbage in the 3-4. I wouldn't mind keeping him but I don't think it is a priority.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

He used to be a pretty good 3-4 LB and may be again in Horton's scheme. Before that possibility everyone wanted him cut.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

In the event we cannot find someone to replace him, he will probably play a big role next year.

We can't do anything with his contract anyway. He is here next year.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Honestly, I'm indifferent on what I "want" with Wimbley, because IMO all that matters is what will happen, and I think he will be on the team because Horton's D look gave him new life.

I do think he should take a pay cut though. He doesn't sniff 6 million on the open market. 4 tops.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He actually needs to stay and hopefully restructure his deal because if we cut him we will have to pay him some $10mil or so combined between this season and next season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar