Would you boo Mac as a Raven?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nigel, May 2, 2006.

?
  1. Boo - If Steve is a Raven, he's the enemy

38 vote(s)
    52.8%
  2. Cheer - Steve will always be a Titan at heart

34 vote(s)
    47.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

November 12, 2006. Baltimore Ravens at Tennessee. Steve McNair is announced as the starting quarterback for the Baltimore Ravens. Do you cheer or jeer?

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

He will be cheered when introduced then it turns to boo's

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yeah, after the crowd remembers that he's not a Titan anymore

4. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Last year, both Derrick and Samari got cheers when they were introduced. But in my mind, there is a big difference. Mason and Rolle were both released as salary cap casualties, and signed with Baltimore in free agency.

If Steve becomes a Raven, its going to be because he refused efforts to extend his contract and forced a trade/release. Obviously its a little more complicated than that, but that is really the gist of it. Steve could easily sign a reasonable contract, be the starter here for two more years, and retire as the greatest franchise QB this team has ever seen (please note, I still think Warren Moon was a better QB, but he was not the heart and soul of this franchise like Mac has been).

I'd probably boo. At best, I'd sit on my hands and say nothing. But I'm certainly not going to cheer Steve McNair as a Baltimore Raven.

5. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Nigel has put it better than I can express it myself. Ditto

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

If he's the quarterback for the Ravens and he's playing in our house against our team I want him to spend the day on the turf and I will cheer loudly every time KVB lays a hit on him. That said, I still wouldn't boo him unless he pulled a Marcus Vick or something.

7. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Or a Derrick Mason and spiked the ball into the Titans logo.

8. when did d mason do that????

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd be booing. And then send Reynaldo on a blitz.

10. I wouldn't say anything if I was there, if Mac scores a couple of TD's against us, then yea I'd probably curse him but ehh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar