Would you cut Jeremy Cain to sign Mike Williams?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Oct 31, 2007.

?
  1. Yes. I would cut this player in favor of Williams

32.4%
  2. No. I would not cut this player to sign Williams.

17.6%
  3. I wouldn't sign Mike Williams period.

44.1%
  4. I would cut another player to sign Williams.

5.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Williams has been a complete bust with 2 teams now. No reason to give him a chance.

I'd sooner use Paul Williams or promote Ealy.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm more worried about our long snapping than our WRs...

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Cutting someone like Herndon, or Levar Woods, or putting Ahmard on IR, and Amato, and signing Williams couldn't possibly be any more fruitless than the Corey Simon pickup.
    He obviously has a little talent, And reuniting with his old coach might put a little spark in him to actually work hard. I don't see what it could hurt. Sign him to a short contract with stipulations. Worst case scenario, we cut him.

But look at the upside, we get someone with mid-1st round talent, which we most definitely don't have now. Sometimes people do bounce back after being labeled busts.

See also:
    KVB. 2nd round pick, high expectations, moves around, now is a star.

Not saying this will happen with Mike, 90% chance it won't, but he could turn into a good reciever for us.

4. Nash

Nash Starter

mike williams..

I wonder if he could play TE?? the player I'd most like to see upgraded at this time is BEN TROUPE...if Williams shows some promise as a TE fine if not we draft one next year

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I actually like that idea.

3 Williams at WR is too many.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Cain's been given #40

CB Herndon
    LB Woods
    DE Conover
    TE Hartsock
    FB Cramer
    LB Gardner

one of these guys could be moved to make room and wouldn't hurt us much. Cain is listed as a LB / FB so he could fill in (at least at FB) in a pinch

I think Mike Williams future (if any) is at TE and not at WR
    he could line up at times in wideout slots, but I'd pack on a few more pounds on him and let him be a hybrid TightOut or possibly even an H-back

would I want Mike Williams playing WR For the Titans = NO
    would I want Mike Williams playing TE for the Titans = MAYBE

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

add David Givens and Biren Ealy to the mix and you get 8
    adding Mike Williams to the number and you get 9

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Are you out of your flipping mind? With Griffin's move to FS Herndon actually moves up the depth chart and he is a pretty good CB who could start if we needed him. The only reason he isn't active on game day is they are using Hill and King on STs but I'd bet Herndon is our backup CB if we need him.

Gardner is the next LB off the bench if Bulluck or Thornton gets hurt.

Hartsock is basically our starting TE because he is our best blocking TE. With the emphasis on the run Hartsock is as valuable as any TE we have right now. I'd rather cut Troupe than Hartsock (and the coaches probably agree 100%).

Cramer is our starting FB right now.

Connover is somewhat expendable.

Woods wouldn't be missed on defense but he would be missed on STs considering no way Mike Williams is going to give us anything on STs.

As far as Mike Williams playing TE think Ben Troupe but half as good...get my point. Williams is a head case, has sucked so far in the NFL and I'm with Starkiller. I'd rather see Paul Williams or Ealy.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

easy sox .... just tossing out some ideas
    none of those guys have provided much this year

the point is that Cain (who was just signed) is not a viable cut to make room for Mike Williams

there's really noone else on the roster aside from the ones mentioned that are viable cuts

10. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I don't understand the fascination with this guy. When was the last time he put up good numbers... in 2003 at USC? Isn't that a while ago and at a completely different level of play? The guy has looked like a bum as a pro. I'll try to drink the koolade if the Titans sign him, but it'll be tough to swallow.

And besides LenDale doesn't want to share his cheeseburgers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar