Would you give Vince Young and Albert Haynesworth a chance?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfantilidie, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That Guy

That Guy Rookie

For what? 2 Seasons?

What has he done since getting paid?

Other than the city of Nashville and the uniforms, none of the scenery is the same as it was his last couple of years as a Titan.

We'd be like a new team to him.

You're right. There is no point in signing him for depth here.

Precisely!

2. titanbaknedkly

titanbaknedkly Starter

I say we should bring AH in for a visit. Couldn't hurt but they probably wouldn't do it until after the draft though. Heck go ahead and get AH and Shaun Rogers. That would be 700lbs of mean bad attitude DT right there. Surely that could collapse any team's QB pocket.

3. Titans1981

Titans1981 Practice Squad

True. Hahaha. Players like Haynesworth wouldn't fatigue and get injured like in real life.

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I don't understand why people still think AH is worth the time it would take to look at him. How many teams has he been cut by now? Skins, Pats, Buccs? He's awful. We all miss that season where he was playing at a HOF level, but he's not that player anymore. He never will be. Heck he'll probably never be a player in this league again period.

5. titanbaknedkly

titanbaknedkly Starter

I just don't understand the hate towards Haynesworth. Is it because he did like 99.999% of everyone on this board and took a $100 million somewhere else instead of $40-50 million to stay here? I can't say that I blame him. Even in his first year he was still a dominant DT that did what he was suppose to do although his stats were not as great. In 12 games he still ended up with 4 sacks and 5 pass deflections and that was done being out of shape and taking on doubles every snap which freed up players like Orakpo and others. It wasn't until Washington switched to 3-4 base that he started laying down on the team because he did not WANT to play NT. He signed a contract to play DT on a 4-3 team, not NT on a 3-4. Even in NE he was still in a 3-4 base and was disruptive when he played some but he is not going to be effective playing in a scheme he doesn't want to be in. He didn't play half bad in Tampa and had 2 pass deflections in the last 3 games he played.

To say he is washed up doesn't make sense. He still has the talent and can still dominate and play the position. It is just the motivation and playing the 4-3 DT he wants. Being on a losing team like Tampa can drain anyone's desire and the whole defense in Tampa played bad at the end because they had packed it in for the season even before AH got there. KVB and Babin were thought to be washed up but they came here and contributed and even contributed to their teams after they left the titans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar