Would you give Vince Young and Albert Haynesworth a chance?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfantilidie, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Haha!

2. kstone

kstone Starter

I would give Haynesworth a shot but with a incentive based contract. He did have his best years with the Titans before he pimped Washington out of millions of dollars.

3. That Guy

That Guy Rookie

Albert Haynesworth is done people! He is finished! He might be lucky to get signed as depth on some teams roster. It won't be with the Titans.

Is the fascination with Fat Al due to his size? Because he is fat and lazy! The best that he could do is lie down on the ground before the snap and just hope to be big a hurdle/distraction to the opposing team. He's been perfecting those skills since his time in Washington.

I guess I just don't see the point in signing Fat Al over some other random Joe Journeyman at defensive tackle.

He's washed up!

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

I don't understand what's so hard to understand about this. You compare him to a journeyman, but a journey wasn't the most dominant dt like ah was...so there is no comparison. So the concept of signing him is to see if given a return to titans scenery, if he can return to above avg or dominant form. This is not what you look for from a journeyman.

Lastly, why would you sign him for depth. If he's not playing hard and is only equal to your 4th or 5th best dt, might as well take a young guy who is. Healer and can improve instead of ah who is more expensive and will only get worse.

I think the titans will see what they get in the draft because dt is one of the strongest positions. If we're even. Onsiderinv taking a dt in rnd one, they won't bother with as we have many players already. We need quality, not quantity!

Gut

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

2nd chance?!?! Dudes gotten like 5 chances and screws them up every time. Hell no to this guy, he's a loser at this point.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Oh I know, guys has probably had more chances than just about any player in the league.

He is a locker room cancer, his teammates in Washington hated him. Does it take 10 years from time of release for people to move on?

7. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Could we some how vote to never bring up haynesworth and young ever again? ;p

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

who and who?

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The purpose of a gm to to improve the roster. Do we expect 7th rnd or undrafted players to become pro bowlers? No, but we take a gamble on them because of the upside and if they don't produce, we can just cut them. Haynesworth is different in that he can be as food as any DT in the league but like a late rnd or undrafted guy, the odds are slim. It's worth a shot with a short AND tight leash. There will always be a 7th or undrafted fa willing to take his roster spot should he not dominant!

What's the worst that could happen, he shows up out of weight and we cut him on the spot and bring in a guy we would have anyway.

If you look at this as a talent/business deal, it makes perfect sense. And quite frankly, if you brought him in for a visit, you could probab
    Y tell his commitment level just by talking to him and seeing what kind of shape he's in!

Gut

10. wg53

wg53 Starter

Stupid idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar