Would You Pay for Titans SB Tix?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewHorizans, Jan 25, 2014.

?
  1. Price is no concern, I WILL BE THERE NO MATTER THE COST!

33.3%
  2. Would pay above face value, but not more than $2K

31.0%
  3. Would only go if tix price is face value, not paying a penny more

16.7%
  4. Would only go if tix are FREE, I dont pay to see the Titans anyway

2.4%
  5. NOTHING, I would rather watch at home

16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

ESPN posted a poll about the popularity of the NFL and asked about the Super Bowl pricing.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10350802/poll-indicates-49-percent-americans-pro-football-fans

For years fans have complained about the cost of Super Bowl tickets. How there arent many for face value open to the public. Most are bought up by secondary resellers who mark them WAY up. Currently, the average price from resellers is around $2K, it changes everyday. The Poll asked what fans thought the face value was for a SB ticket. Turns out the ranch were from $500 to $2,600 FACE VALUE. And get this, only 1,000 are priced at $500. The poll also discloses that most fans said they WOULD NOT want to go to a Super Bowl even if they could afford it and their team was playing. Guess the average fan enjoys the TV experience to the inperson.

So since this is Super Bowl week, and we are always dreaming of the day the Titans make it back to the big game. How much would you pay if at all for a Super Bowl ticket with the Titans playing?

I personally would pay just about anything. Don't care where the seat is, so I expect if I shop around, I can find one for between $1K to $2K. I plan on taking out a loan or whatever to make sure I am there the next time the Titans play for the Title. Who is with me? Or do you follow the fans in this poll?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

****kkk yes I would pay that. Id sell a kid or something to go to our Super Bowl

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I prefer the TV experience to the game experience, but it's the Titans playing in the ****ing Super Bowl. I'm there.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

No. Would not go definitely not for face value or above.

5. NewHorizans

I imagined most of the crazy diehard Titans fans on here would say that. I guess we can keep track of this thread and get a big group together for the trip of those that are going no matter what

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

What if they lose in blowout fashion? That 2000 per ticket looks pretty stupid then. For the price of one ticket, you can throw one heck of a Super Bowl party. It's just economically stupid to buy those tickets unless you are extremely wealthy.

It's a football game. I would never pay more than 100-150 dollars to go see a football game

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Honestly

Probably not

Simply because, even if we won the game, it would be damn near impossible to enjoy. Surrounded by people that are probably not even a fan of either team or even the game itself? No thanks. If I couldn't watch it at home, I'd go to a bar or something. You could enjoy the celebration in that case. I just have a hard time finding a reason to actually see why someone would do that.

8. NewHorizans

I understand your logic. Being a crazy fan isnt usually logical anyway. And if you read that article I linked, lots of fans would say the same thing. The article talks about most fans would only be willing to pay around $200 for a ticket.

Here is why I would pay that much. If you can't tell by now, its not very easy to get to a Super Bowl. Even good teams lose at some point in the playoffs as only 2 out of 32 get to go each year. And the fact the Oilers/Titans have only been to ONE!!!!!! in over 54 seasons.

I HAVE to be at the next one because honestly it might be the ONLY chance win or lose I ever get to say I saw the Titans play in person for the Championship. Plus, if they do get the Win, I can only imagine the rush of emotion I would have to be there and see it happen in person.

9. NewHorizans

I can see a thread like this truly seperates the crazy diehard Titans fans from the casual supporters. Not to down anyway for why they wouldnt want to go. But there is nothing higher for an NFL fan than their team playing in the Super Bowl, so for me its a no brainer wanting to be there.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

200 is what I pay for regular season tix. But us back in the Super Bowl is almost priceless to me, so 2000 is a bargain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar