Would you rather have Reese going into the draft ?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Puck, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

i didnt quite like reese, it was funny i was looking at a list of 1st round picks under him....

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

brad hopkins
    henry ford(solid player for us for a while)
    steve mcnair
    eddie george
    kenny holmes(another solid player)
    kevin dyson(i'd rather have moss)
    jevon kearse
    keith bulluck
    albert haynesworth
    andre woolfolk
    pacman jones
    vince young

im sorry, but that is a pretty good record when it comes to first round picks. i see only one total bust, which is obviously woolfolk.

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

No, he's been pretty hit or miss. Ford, Holmes, Dyson, and Woolfolk have NEVER lived up to the value of where they were picked IMO. McNair, George, Jones, and Young were fairly "safe" picks, in regards to how talented they were (sans off the field issues or injuries). Looking at the list, the only real special value picks were Kearse and Bulluck IMO.

4. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Guest

Slick Rick says, Slick Rick hopes the Tennessee Titans draft a good player that will help the franchise for many years to come. Slick Rick says, Slick Rick trusts the Titans management will make a good draft pick on Saturday. Slick Rick says, draft day is always a fun day.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i only see two real misses on that list; dyson and woolfolk. dyson was an injury miss.

i think ford and holmes were nice solid players. that's not exactly what you're looking for in the first round, but it's a hell of a lot better than the alternative.

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I guess so. But, Reese isn't a BAD draft guru; that was never my point. However, that was considered his strength, and he did a fairly good job of that. That doesn't mean I'd rather have Reese though.

7. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

I'm praying that MR is lucky or good, because there are some GM's that just plain suck. But we won't know for a few years, and there's nothing we can do, so just cross your fingers.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

---- the Titans would have at least 10 draft selections for a third straight year after having an NFL-high 34 picks in the previous three drafts.------

NFL high total allotment of picks
    and what to show of it ? some late round gems ?
    If the concept is true that Floyd called the Jones pick and opposed the Vince pick then I'd have to subtract a few points ... and then add a point back for Roos

out of that HUGE 2004 draft of 13 picks, it's surprising that half that class either isn't or won't be with us once we hit the stage in '07

I'm ready for a new look .... it'd just be nice to see more of it

BRING ON SATURDAY BABY !

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the failure of his general management is not (apparently) being on the same page as the coahing staff. I mean it seems like we got some guys that ultimately did not fit the plan of the coaches

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

well, what about now ?

anyone wanna take a stab at what our draft might've looked like had Reese pushed all the buttons ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar