Would you rather see...???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Feb 19, 2006.

?
  1. option 1

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  2. option 2

14 vote(s)
    60.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

option 1

Drew Brees brought in to QB, McNair cut, trade down for extra early extra 2nd, still aquire Brick or Hawk, trade Volek for a third...

option 2
    Draft Vince Young, Keep McNair two seasons for double digit millions, work on supporting cast...

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I find it very interesting that this is such a split decision. I'm referencing the current 6-7 vote on the poll of course. In option 1 I suppose a trade is possible but as I understand the process McNair's contract isn't very appealing to a potential taker. Alot can be done with a very high pick. We are talking about (or at least I'd like to) finding a qb of the future, taking a large step towards fixing that o-line/defense and possibly winning sooner versus sentimentality and who might be the next great qb of the mobile quarterback era. How many eggs does the prudent GM put in one basket? I'm kinda baffled when I step outside my Vince Young rah rah and MAC love. Is it high road vs. low road or fast track versus derailment? As awesome as I think Young is I know full well that drafting him is damn risky, especially when you consider the alternatives that are at hand. Crazy. Does anyone have any input?

3. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Option 2 IMO is the best option. Why would we not want to try and draft our next "future" qb. Much to risky to bring a qb in that is just coming off surgery.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I like option 2 as well. I am surprised at how little interest this thread has drawn.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think it is because most don't think Brees is a long-term answer. At least I don't.

Regardless of what is being reported, you have to assume he's a question mark next season. Maybe he comes back and can be close to his former self but I'm betting it's '07 before that happens. But he'll command a pretty big contract wherever he goes.

Does Brees give you anything more than what McNair/rookie QB gives you? I don't think so. Especially in the long run. Brees had his best season '04 with the high passer rating but passed for only 400 more yards than McNair last year and a passer rating just six points higher. He really struggled as a starter in '02 and '03.

I see why some think taking Brees appeals to some. Anyone who wants Brees assumes he can step in now and remain a quality #1 for the next six seasons. This frees up the Titans to trade out of #3 for Brick or a LB and be more competitive sooner.

What spooks me is that if the Chargers felt Brees was the future, they could sign him long-term and shop Rivers. Apparently, they feel it's better to go with an unproven product in Rivers and let Brees walk.

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

You also have to consider that they may be letting Brees go due to fan pressure. Or maybe they just see something in Rivers...

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I was hesitant about Brees after 2004, but watching him last year until he got injured, sold me. I reckon he'd be a great long term answer - and I think right now he is a definite upgrade over Steve.

8. I stick with McNair, draft Young and trade Billy Volek for a 3rf round pick!!

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Young= infusion of life for the franchise.

He brings fans from everywhere. He did the impossible. Drew Brees can't sell the franchise. Vince Young can. You gotta go Vince. He's got the 'it' factor. And not to mention, a team with all the parts in San Diego has the same choice, and they want Rivers. It's a no brainer. Cheaper too.

10. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I think we should keep McNair, draft Young. Besides, Young is cute, in a quarterback-y sort of way.:brow:

*whispering* BiPolar, you missed me, didn't you? Admit it. You know you missed me. C'mon, tell me. You missed me, huh?:brow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar