Would you rather????

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bored1, Jun 1, 2006.

?
  1. Keep Mcnair

12 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Trade Mcnair for pick or qb?

15 vote(s)
    55.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slipjack

Slipjack Guest

I just am sick and tired of hearing "he's a warrior". What have you done for me lately? " Can't practice today fellas, but show me the money, and give me the starting spot while your at it."

2. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Would there be any chance at trading for a conditional 5th round pick that would go to 4 if Steve does good? That's my choice. I'd rather get rid of one person than keep Mac and get rid of veteran oline protection for the passing and running game. The only logical thing to do is trade Mac. Unless, of course, Steve comes back to BSP with Crook saying "just lemme be on the Titans, Reese. I will take half of what my original contract says. Just lemme be a Titan til the end, yall." I doubt that is a very likely scenario... :rolleyes:

3. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

there were talks of already having a fourth that could become a third... check this link out... sixth paragraph from the bottom... and this is coming from a baltimore paper!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2464731

we wanted a third that could become a second

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Some of you might need to think this through.

Your options are NOT dump McNair in exchange for keep all the vets, sign all the rookies and get Ty Law.

You can trade/cut McNair and start Volek and have enough money to sign the rookies and not make cuts.

Anything else requires cuts.

And BTW, McNair had a good QB rating last year against some of the best D's in the league...despite a leaky OL, no run game and a mediocre D. You can NOT say the same of Volek. Volek has ripped up a few of the worst NFL defenses in the league and been crushed by some of the better D's.

That's is hardly a recipe for making the playoffs with Volek at the helm!

Gut

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'd love to hear this confirmed by Reese.

It was my understanding it was only a fifth-round pick just before the second day of the draft which was rejected. This offer would have had to been made after the draft and Reese (or maybe it was Fisher) said no other offers were made afterwards once the original one was rejected.

6. I never thought this poll would be so even, I thought that loads of you would vote to release/trade him.

I think right now that I would take the option of the 5th rounder, hey its better than nothing and at least you get something out of it.

7. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Steve McNair is my favourite NFL player. I'm Tackhead #9 for a reason.
    Despite this however, the damage has been done; I would've loved for Mac to take the pay cut, mentor Vince and retire a Titan, but we just know that isn't going to happen. It seems to me as though Steve's taking a 'team be damned theory', make sure he closes his career as financially comfortable as possible, ignoring the fact that it's going to hurt us in the long run. Could Albert Haynesworth go the way of the Kearse? Under the current contract, it's a possible eventuality (unless I know nothing about the cap, which admittedly I don't).

I'm a Titans fan first, McNair fan second. I want this team to succeed, and if letting McNair go means we can sign our rookies as well as some productive vets, then so be it. I'm already envisioning the McNair/George era moulding into years of Young/White...

8. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

yeah thats what i had thought too. but if it IS true... well then we are probably stupid for not taking it.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

This poll is currently sitting even at 17-17.

That's wild. Could even call it POLARIZING!!! :ha:

[​IMG]

polar bears... gotta love 'em.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar