Would you take Floyd Reese back as GM???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

My main complaint with Floyd was the way that he handled the salary cap. He did a pretty solid job drafting talent.

He probably knows our roster better than anyone else because he has been forced to really watch the games with his new radio gig. Last week he said that he would never turn down the opportunity to be a GM in the league.

Would you go ahead and make the move right now so that he could really get a feel for the locker room and go ahead and get the scouting started for the draft and start the new coach search.

I would be ok with doing it. Something has to change and I think going ahead and making the change at the GM position now is less disruptive to the team than changing the coach mid season.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

sure, as long as he had to answer to some accounting pinhead about CAP issues

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

Here's my question... did the cap go into full effect during his tenure or before? Also, free-agency?

At the time, is it possible he was merely not used to dealing with that?

Would he, possibly, be better now..?

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

of course, nobody would say no, now. But he had his share of duds as well. Woolfolk was as bad as a 1st round pick gets, period.

But still.. much better than what we have at GM now.

Reese has been out of football for 3 seasons now, 67 years old, and he was just an advisor to the Patriots before that. I don't think handing him a GM spot would be in our best interest at this point.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Did the salary moves he made... would they have gone over better PRIOR to the cap or free-agency?

6. nickmsmith

Not sure, I was in kindergarten when he took over as assistant GM, and in 3rd grade when he took over as GM. And I'm a week from 30 now. I think it'd be safe to assume that the game has passed him by.

If they could hire 50 year old Floyd Reese, sure.

7. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

At this point, I don't care if he were to get us in salary cap hell or not. I would rather have few really good years, and have to purge and rebuild than have this sh*t we have been watching since 2008

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

@RTH IIRC Reese, Fisher & BA were all on board resigning the vets to make another run at a SB knowing full well that there would be a day of reckoning with the CAP.

AFTER the Titans had to blow the team up for CAP purposes the NFL eased the rules allowing more wiggle room with overages. Allowing more averaging over years instead of hard lines, ect. It is more complex now but also more manageable.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. nickmsmith

No doubt. He was all in. had TOO MANY good players to try to keep around. I remember those days. a long time ago.

10. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

he was certainly more interesting than the clown we got now

but nah, i'd rather have neither, how about someone competent that knows how to balance $ and manage personnel wisely

i mean, that is their job, it's not a ****in hobby.. do the job well in all aspects or gtfo

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar