WR Hawkins may have to deal with discomfort all season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans receiver Lavelle Hawkins dealt with an injured ankle throughout the offseason, an injury which forced him to miss practices.

On Monday, Hawkins re-aggravated the ankle, according to Coach Mike Munchak.

Unfortunately for Hawkins, he might have to play through some discomfort all season.

“I am just dealing with it, pushing through it,’’ Hawkins said. “I am just trying to be there with my guys.”

Hawkins said the injury is a “ligament problem” in his ankle that could need medical attention after the season. Doctors examined the ankle this offseason. Hawkins referred all further questions to trainer Brad Brown.

He said he just wants to play.

“I think it is something that is aggravating, and he has to play through it a little bit,’’ Munchak said. “We just hope that is not something that last more than a couple of days.”

Source: Titans Insider

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He'll be alright. I had this same thing happen to me. Its annoying more than it hurts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Funnest part of the post is...

"He just wants to play?"

Yeah, well, I'd like to see him play. He only comes in when it doesn't matter.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

why is the cat still on our team? Fisher should have taken him away to the Rams.

it's a wasted project. he still cant remember his routes. Most any other team would have cut him by now. I hope Michael Preston shows up and forces Hawkins out.

5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

He had some nice plays last year..even if one of them were against the browns.

6. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

most WR's have some good plays. doesn't mean they are worth a full time job. Hawkins has been around long enough for me to know he is as good as he is going to be. I say let another WR get a shot.

7. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Apparently the team thinks he has potential still or they wouldn't have just signed him for 3 more years. He's needed depth that knows the system better than a free agent would and still has some potential to grow.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I don't understand why people hate on Hawkins so much. I'm disappointed he didn't turn out to be better, but he's just a #4 or #5 WR.

I can't complain. He's just a depth player.

9. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Ever since I asked for his autograph a few years back at training camp one day (he looked straight at me when I asked) then skipped right over me, I haven't really liked the guy. He's been here long enough. I don't see how we can keep someone like him when there are veterans like Burress, Edwards, etc out there. Or even take a flier on some younger, faster players who can make a bigger impact than him.

10. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

Id like to see the kid do well but I think he has had too many chances.
    Unless he just tears it up during camp and the preseason I dont think he will make the team this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar