WR needs to be our #1 priority

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by User Name, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User Name

User Name Hot Dog Water

The Colts last two off seasons consist of the departure of a stud RB Edge, they lost their most consistent corner Harper, and their two best linebackers Cato June, and David Thornton. Defensively I'd give the Titans the nod because we are more consistent (consistently below average) where as the Colts were below average to horrible at times with exception to the playoffs when they turned it on like a light switch. Both teams have top flight QBs that can change the game on any given play, both have young up and coming RBs Addai/White - Addai being more proven, and both have solid O-lines advantage Titans, they got us in the TE spot with Utecht and Clark but I think we come close when Troupe and Scaife are healthy together, WR is a joke to compare. With that said it's so obvious what’s keeping us from becoming Super Bowl contenders. It's not our youth/maturity, coaching, or even the Def. Youth/maturity is big but not that big. We gained a lot of experience last year and plugged in some vets so this shouldn’t be huge. Coaching/Play calling I don't want to undervalue but they can’t be that much better we should have won both games that we played them. Our Def is suspect:suspect: but has a lot of potential, LBs are a good group, Hope is a stud and was robbed of a Pro bowl invite, FS has no choice but to get better with whoever fills in (fuller/lowery/draft pick/FA), there are definitely ?'s at corner which is a major concern for me, but we just got the Colts best corner, D-Line needs a better run stopper which shouldn't be that hard to find. KVB is a beast. I still have faith in the Odom/Laboy combo. We all know LaBoy is better with limited snaps and can harass a QB. Odom showed flashes before the injury. I read somewhere that he started running full speed back in January. We still need depth at DE though. It is absolutely the WR situation that is holding us back!!!!! We need to either trade/draft a stud immediately. Feel me on this, this is a huge need. Improving the Def is a must but the WR situation has to be the #1 priority.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

hey man, I think we could use a wr but if the value is there I am all for drafting a S with the high pick. We need a Blaine Bishop kinda guy. Dread-boy just isn't cuttin' it. I'd rather have a Patriots type receiving corp and system with a Rodney Harrison laying the lumber than a rookie stud wr.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Sydney Rice will be there in the 2nd

the "pool" @ 19 is best at either corner (Chris Houston) or Safety (Nelson?)

all the receivers still on the board when we pick aren't worth the pick (imo)

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

There are so many wr's, the chances are good one drops to us when someone decided not to pick one. I think we will get great value at the position if we want it.

5. ONUV

ONUV Starter

houston and nelson will be gone

meachem is easily worth the 19th overall pick

6. DLine is the #1 priority...

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:werd:

8. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

i agree to some degree;
    i do think that wide receiver is a need position.
    i like the potential that brandon jones has,
    i dont think you can judge justin gage on 4 catches but he definately aint a #1 guy,
    roydell williams and courtney roby will have more opportunities to prove themselves,
    but i think we will end up setting the league record for most catches by tight ends in the history of the league because i think ben troupe and bo scaife are phenominal athletes with game changing ability,
    lets just hope that lendale and whoever else is @ rb can carry us so that we arent always passing or else i think vince will end up running every other play

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

he wasn't signed to be

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

accordng to who ?

I'e seen several mocks that have both in our field
    seen a few that have Nelson in the 2nd
    and Revis ahead of Houston

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar