Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

WR position...pay Britt or someone else???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Jan 2, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. ncaalover12 Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $1,204
    Wallace is a diva, Bowe gave up on his team, and Jennings....well....he puts the team on is back tho
    xpmar9x high fives this.
  2. Danimal Starter

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $1,032

I was just providing some dates and data. This ain't a book report or a court of law. Why don't you show us how you can write those Bleacher Reports articles.
  3. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $10,462
    relax man, I really don't even care that much about this.

but just to show my point, 10 seconds, I found two non b/r articles that linked it to him being out of shape for voluntary OTAs in April. Not that big of a deal.
  4. Titans2004 Starter

Moolah:
    $3,674
    Kenny giving us more reasons to try and find a true #1 WR.

No way do I give him any sort of big time guaranteed money.
  5. titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $9,755
    Bowe played for years with QBs that could not make it in the arena league. They were 2-14. The whole team gave up. Jennings will not come here. He will land in Miami or NY.
  6. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,503
    I'm gonna go ahead and say we pay someone else. Probably overpay someone's #3 who just "needs some more opportunities" to be on the field.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,004
    Good thing about Kenny is that he makes the choices for us.
    ncaalover12 high fives this.
  7. HeadOnASwivel Starter

Moolah:
    $2,077
    Cut Britt now!!!

And throw a mint at Greg Jennings.
  8. Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Kearse
    Moolah:
    $68
    My wild-arse guess. Darius Heyward-Bey.

He is almost certain to be released in Oakland and he isn't going to command the sort of money the top guys are getting.

Guys like Jennings and Wallace are going to command around $10m/yr (similar to V-Jax deal last year).

Heyward-Bey is probably going to get Laurent Robinson type money - about $5.5m/yr.
  9. HeadOnASwivel Starter

Moolah:
    $2,077
    You sound like Bud Adams for Pete's sake.

I'm tired of shooting low to save money.

We are over 14m under next years cap and are mandated by the CBA to pay 89% of our cap in cash. Granted that is a grand total of the cap by all teams, but we still need to pay front loaded contracts to a couple free agents.

Jennings is a legit number 1 receiver, and a hell of a guy... plus he makes fantastic Old Spice commercials.