WR Situation

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

This is my biggest issue with the Titans now. Not Vince, CJ, the DL, or the depth of our defense. We are in a critical condiditon right now.

Gage- wouldn't even be a #3 on most teams
    J-Mac- hurt and he's been terrible since his last term with the Titans
    R. Williams- maybe the PUP? Has shown flashes but they're flashes
    Jones- be shocked if he can stay on the field
    Ealy- didn't impress me and he hasn't played much
    Hawkins- hasn't played a major time yet(rookie)
    P. Williams- I like him but he's done nothing
    C. Davis(1)- Carr replaced him
    C. Davis(2)- Don't know much about him

So we are in major trouble. I don't know what we should do. Make a trade or hope a good WR goes on waivers. I thought during the off-season we'd be fine but were in trouble. I can't say it enough times.

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Here's the WR situation in a nutshell.

We need a good one.

Badly.

3. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Sign Chris Henry WR aka Pac Man jr. Even though he suspended for like 8 games maybe less.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We're not going to waste a trade on a receiver that vince will overthrow. Our guys right now are better than any others at watching balls soar over their heads.

5. lets not be over dramatic

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I don't think we have a "wide-reciever situation"...we are a RUN FIRST team. We always have been. That's why so much emphasis is put on the offensive line (aquiring Jake Scott, locking up Stewart and Roos for long contracts). We've incorporated the FB into our offense, hence Hall's involvement in game one against the Rams. We pick up a blocking TE as our 3rd overall pick, we pick up Crumpler, someone thats done his fair share of blocking in the past (he's been to several probowls). That's why we took Chris Johnson in the first round. That's why we took Chris Henry in the second round last year. I agree with you to a certain extent but I think its unfair to say that we are in CRITICAL condition when it comes to the wide outs on the field. I am comfortable with Gage, Roydell and Mcareins carrying the load, plus, I think we already saw glimpses of Crumpler being Vince's safety blanket...we're fine right now. If we need to cut anyone, we need to cut Chris Davis and, well, Chris Davis. It's a bit early to call the "cut" card, so i'm going to decide after game four, as will the organization.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

he got 4 games iirc

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

there WILL be WR cuts in the coming weeks that could potentially upgrade our corps.

right now, it's not a sexy position

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I'm not. As much as I want to see them succeed at the position, I think our WR core is probably the weakest in the league. Although we are a run first team, being a versatile offense is never a bad thing...

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Do us all a favor and go back to the Detroit Lions or whatever team you used to pull for.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar