WR Situation

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

WRs newly available on 8/26:
    Darnerian McCants - Ravens
    C.J. Hawthorne - Bills [Hawaii - 73 yds vs Georgia 1/1 ]
    Sean Bailey - Panthers [Georgia - 615 yds, 2007]
    Taylor Jacobs - Broncos
    Tim Carter - Texans
    Jeron Harvey - Jaguars [Houston - 673 yds, 2007]
    Clyde Edwards - Jaguars [Grambling - 804 yds, 2007]
    John Broussard - Jaguars [San Jose - 844 yds, 2006]
    Michael Jennings - Giants
    D.J. Hall - Giants [Alabama - 1005 yds, 2007]
    Marco Thomas - Chargers [W. Ill. - 700+ yds, 2006]
    Billy Pittman - Chargers
    Joel Filani - Seahawks [let's try him out again]
    Shaine Smith - Rams

Any prospects?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

john broussard is the only one i would bring in.

3. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

Big, you've got a great eye! JB was a great player at my alma mater. :cool: San Jose State

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Let's face it. Vince Young is not the type of quarterback that will make his receivers better than they are. At what point do we realize we are wasting draft picks by stockpiling them up only to see them line up in failure. And, that's not to say if those same picks went to another team they wouldn't flourish...because other QB's do make their receivers better.

The Titans have a 0% chance of winning a playoff game without an already proven playmaking receiver who can make Vince better, rather than the other way around. It saddens me to see such a dominant defense and offensive line have no chance of winning because the front office refuses to bring in an already proven skill position playmaker that can make Vince the quarterback he has the potential to be.

If Boldin is not seriously looked at very soon, we are admitting that we're fine with being a middle of the road team with no desire at being elite.

5. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Brady was not a 50 Td guy until Moss and welker, Manning needs harrison and wayne if you say not then why did numbers dip? We have nothing and Vince or Collins or anybody has a chance! Cutler has marshall and leinart has boldin and fitz , then vince or collins gets this bunch not fair to judge.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

maybe some day we'll see one our WRs help out the qb and do something like this.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XoCNNuMFrmQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XoCNNuMFrmQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

^ Wow. Don't get your hopes up.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Looks like Hasselbeck was exactly what Filani needed to thrive.

9. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

What? Did I say the Titans would only win 6 games this year? I don't remember saying that. This is what I said:

I said 6-10 is pessimistic. I just happen to feel that the Titans have a fairly difficult schedule.

As far as posting my records prediction - I haven't done that. I was responding to others saying that the Titans schedule is easy.

The receivers are below average. It would be great if the Titans could add a top of the line receiver like Boldin, but there is very little chance of that. I just hope that the guys they have on the roster step up during the regular season.

10. DLS33

DLS33 Guest

That's just it. Our organization is completely okay with being mediocre, in my opinion. We have a chance to get an elite wide-out(potentially) and our past proves we won't go after him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar