WR Wade Claimed by Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Titans have claimed ex-Bears WR Bobby Wade from the waiver wire. The 5-foot-10, 186-pounder has 10 catches for 80 yards this season. He started 14 games last season, when he caught 42 passes for 481 yards. "We were kind of looking for a practice squad receiver and then he popped on the wire," Titans General Manager Floyd Reese said. "Of course he is going to have more experience and knowledge than a practice squad guy. I think he got in the dog house (in Chicago) because he fumbled some punts and they brought in (Muhsin) Muhammad, so his role had kind of lessened. So we'll see if maybe a new situation or fresh start makes a difference."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. 2toneblue77

2toneblue77 Guest

Alright we got a vet!!! I don't know much about him but hopefully he can at least catch the ball.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Hanging onto it is the issue.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

should work on the spelling too. Muhsin?

5. That's his real name...

Wade is worth a shot.

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I'm just glad to see us using our high waiver wire status. I thought for sure that we would be able to upgrade the depth of our team via the waiver wire some this year.

7. Not many players have been waived that are worth looking at...

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm excited! With the plethora of play makers at Chicago no doubt he is very talented.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I remember him making some plays against us last year....hey wait, that don't mean nothin :sad2:

10. i've watched alot of bears games this year. this is not the guy you want handling your punts...also he drops alot of passes. hopefully he can shake things off and be better here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar