WR Walter feels like he’s letting Titans down

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

When the Titans signed Kevin Walter, they planned on getting a dependable and durable receiver who’d provide a boost in the passing game.

But this season has been unlike any other in Walter’s 11-year career. Walter remains on the team’s Physically Unable to Perform list because of a back injury that required surgery to repair a disc in July.

He’s been a spectator the first seven weeks of the season after playing 131 of 134 games since 2004, including all 16 games for the Texans last year.

“I have never been injured in my career, so this is tough on me,’’ Walter said. “Mentally it is tough, because I was brought here to help this team win and play, and I feel like I am letting them down because I am not out there.”

Walter signed a one-year, $1 million contract with the Titans in the offseason.

The Titans had the option of taking Walter off PUP back on October 14, but opted not to because Walter remained uncomfortable. The Titans have until after their Week 11 contest vs. Indianapolis to decide whether they want to take Walter off PUP, when they would then have up to three weeks to watch him practice. If the Titans haven’t chosen by then to add Walter to the 53-man roster, he would be placed on injured reserve and would be done for the year.

Walter said he’s not ready to practice now.

“I don’t feel real comfortable as far as being able to run as well as I need to,’’ Walter said. “I hope at some point I am able to play, but my main focus now is to get better each day.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

More like he's letting himself down, we're fine with the WR's we have.

Heal up Walter, maybe we will need you down the road, hopefully not but who knows...

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

He is.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I wonder why the Titan FO seems too think signing these guys too rehab contracts is a good idea. I mean Donnie Avery was so thrilled the Titans gave him $ to rehab he immediatly signed with the ponies - without remorse

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Yeah, who was that fat WR fishface signed that didn't do crap with us while he "got back into shape" then signed with the seahawks if memory serves.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Mike Williams I think

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

That is because he is

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Once a Texan, always a Texan.

9. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

The biggest free agent disappointments as far as i'm concerned are both on the offensive side of the ball.Kevin Walter and Ryan Fitzpatrick were both a waste of money.All i know is come next season Webster needs to find a more suitable backup because Fitz is garbage.

10. DJB

DJB Starter

I never understood the need to sign Walter in the first place

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar