WR Walter ready to get to work with Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

New Titans receiver Kevin Walter knows the challenge ahead for his new team – to pass his old squad, the Houston, Texans, in the AFC South standings.

Walter, who signed a one-year deal with the Titans last week, is ready to do his part.

“That is the goal, to win this division,’’ Walter said Wednesday. “I have been at the top of the division for a few years and I have kind of been where Tennessee is right now. It is just about getting everyone on the same page and working hard.

“I don’t think the Titans are far away at all. I think it is going to be very competitive this year and I am glad to be a part of it. I am excited.”

In 10 NFL seasons, Walter has played in 152 games, with 93 starts.

His career totals include 356 receptions for 4,379 yards and 25 touchdowns. Walter played the last seven seasons with the Texans (2006-12) after playing three years with the Bengals (2003-05). He’s had four 50-reception seasons, and in 2008 he tallied 60 receptions for 899 yards and eight touchdowns

Walter had 41 grabs for 518 yards and two touchdowns in 16 games last year.

He said he weighed other options before joining the Titans.

Walter thinks his transition from the offense in Houston to the one in Tennessee should be a smooth one. He’s been impressed with what he’s seen from Titans quarterback Jake Locker and the team’s receiving corps.

“They’ve brought a lot of guys in, and I am glad to be on board,’’ he said. “It’s a great division to be in, and I’ve heard some great things about Nashville and the Titans. … It was always a great rivalry between the Titans and Texans, some good physical games.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar