WR Washington to Visit Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Steelers WR Nate Washington is scheduled to visit with the Titans soon according to his agent. Washington is in Detroit visiting with the Lions today and the Buccaneers, Rams and Vikings have also shown an interest in the No. 3 receiver last season for the Super Bowl champions. He totaled 631 yards with three touchdowns. "He's a guy who can definitely make a difference," agent Brian Overstreet said. "(The Titans are) interested. We'll probably line up a visit at some point later in the day."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

greeeaaat ..... another #3

3. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

We need a QB first.

4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Better than our "1st" from 2008.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I would take him over JMAC any day. It would be stupid of us not to sign him. We're already in jeopardy of losing B. Jones, I see Washington as a guy that can go for the long ball (which Heimerdinger likes to do occasionally) and a guy that can spread the field. I'm all for it, that is, if the Lions don't sign him first. Also, it wouldn't hurt to have a QB to throw Nate the ball. If we can lock down Canty and Washington, I'd say we've done fairly well so far and will be in great position for the draft, where we can take a CB first...

6. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

he was a number 3 behind hines ward and homes...who where alot better then any of our wr...just saying...bring him in here!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

replacing brandon jones with brandon jones.

8. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

But who is going to throw him the ball if he signs???? He's got speed, can go downfield, can return kicks......last I checked we only have 1 QB on the roster. Can that guy get it to him accurately?

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I have a feeling Washington would immediately be a fan fave in TN. Young, speedy, long-ball guy with good hands.
    Pittsburgh will regret not resigning him esp with Sweed as his replacement..

10. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i am sure MR or JF will not go into the season with only on qb...i am just saying..could be wrong..but i dont think so

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar