WR Will Eventually Be A Concern

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

It wouldn't be a titans offseason if we weren't complaining about our receivers and hoping we draft one in the first round.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

If we can run the ball and we get decent TE play, does it really matter? Maybe if Locker is Brady or Manning but he is not.

3. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

Tavon Austin is a once in a lifetime athlete. I would do flips if we drafted him! Mark my word!

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Tavon Austin does literally nothing that I have never seen before so what in the world makes him a "once in a lifetime athlete" as you claim. He is an undersized, speed receiver with decent to good hands that will not be able to play outside in the NFL.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Give me Aaron Dobson in the 3rd

With 94 targets last season he had ZERO drops

and lets not forget.....

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

This. I've been hyping Dobson for a while now and I think he can really be a great number 2/3 receiver for us (ie he can play the outside of the field and bounce Wright into the slot role). We would still need a number 1 guy but that is a need for another year.

7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Him and Quinton Patton are the two guys that I would like us to draft. It seems the front office want to bring in a sure check down guy for Locker on third downs for the first downs. Patton had 158 targets last season and 1 drop pass, thats impressive.

8. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

If he can become a true # 1 WR for us and take over for Britt fine, but none of these guys strike me as good enough replacements for Britt which makes me think its a waste of a pick.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wheaton is a pretty good player who hasn't really been talked about either.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

It would be beyond stupid to take one in the first round. So much talent out there!

Here's what I seeā€¦

Locks at 1st: Cordarrelle Patterson & Tavon Austin
    Late 1st-Early 2nd: DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Robert Woods
    2nd Rounders: Terrance Williams, Justin Hunter
    Late 2nd-Early 3rd: Quinton Patton, Aaron Dobson, Da'Rick Rogers

Hopefully we can land one of those guys w/ a 2nd or a 3rd.

My fav is DeAndre Hopkins in the 2nd, but he's really on the board as a late 1st. I'd be surprised if he slipped, but who knows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar