WR Will Eventually Be A Concern

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

I really hope Michael Preston pans out and I think Damien Williams can step up. I don't think any of this years crop is worth a pick at 10. If we trade back then I could see Patterson being the guy because he would have a year to learn behind Britt. That would put us in a good position, but not much better than if we had one of the guys from the second or third round with good size. If a WR is the BPA Webster will pull the trigger.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Under the Titans regime, if a WR doesn't pan out his first couple of years, they never do.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

What type of vodka you drinking right now? Share it.

4. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Washington sucked his first few years. He had so many frustrating drops on big downs back then, but he has been really clutch the past few years.

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I'm talking about rookie WRs.

6. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

No smarty pants, I want a guy to play 5 games a year then get injured AND consistently get in trouble with the same police force that is tasked with hosing down Snookie.

Sheesh is that so much to ask for?

7. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Those are my thoughts, but I think Austin is the best type of WR out there right now which makes me lean towards him. I know there is a slim chance we get him in the second, but perhaps we trade up after 10 and throw in Washington to someone like say, the Rams?

Fisher would love to have his boy Washington and whatever picks we give them. Maybe this years 2nd and 3rd? I dnk, I think I'm horrible when it comes to real world trades.

8. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

I get the feeling that Tavon Austin, if we don't take him, will go just after, if not immediatley after us.There's been grumblings about teams wanting to trade up to get him. There's going to be a lot of competition for the guy. I would be shocked if he made it out of the top 15 picks. There are people who know what they're talking about, saying he is a top 10 talent.

9. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

depends which rams pick you would want...but i think us trading washington and griffen with our second to get back to the 1st and take vacarro then cooper---boom championship lol

10. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I think if we could do something like trade Washington and Griffin to a team like the Rams then we could use our draft picks to pick up a WR like Tavon Austin and get a safety like Vaccaro that would be something to think about as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar