Wrestling thread?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by merlin, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i think wrestlin gives you more, everyone knows it fake, they dont watch it thinking it's real they watch it same as the would a TV show. They enjoy the story.

MMA is ok only when they are fighting. imo there to much talking between a fight. out of a 3 hour PPV you might see 30 minutes of actually fighting. the rest is a bunch of BS to kill time.
  2. Titans&SkinsFan

Titans&SkinsFan The future is wearing #10

that's pretty much how I feel...I watch wrestling for it's entertainment. If i want to see a real fight I'll watch MMA.
  3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ® Tip Jar Donor

Dude that's not correct.

The UFC usually have ten fights on the card 5 of which are scheduled to be televised.If any of those scheduled 5 are short fights up to 5 other fights are then shown.

The last but one PPV showed all ten fights.That's a lot of action in a 3hr show.The filler coverage between the fights is pretty minimal.
  4. merlin

merlin Camp Fodder

Not a big MMA fan at all, but I do enjoy wrestling. They are two completely different things.

I had no idea Coachman had been gone for a year. I guess he ended up on his feet at ESPN.
  5. TitanTom0987

TitanTom0987 This Post Is Rated RKO

For the hell of it, here's my WrestleMania predictions. Should be a good show.

Triple Threat World Heavyweight Championship Match
    Edge © vs. The Big Show vs. John Cena

Tom's Pick: John Cena. Not happy about this. Go Edge.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    WWE Championship Match
    Triple H © vs. Randy Orton

Tom's Pick: Triple H. I have no problem with either winning but I'd love to see Orton win.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Money in the Bank Ladder Match
    CM Punk vs. Kane vs. Mark Henry vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. MVP vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Christian vs. Finlay

Tom's Pick: Christian. I think MVP winning the strap last night sort of eliminates him but I could see him winning as well.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    25-Diva Battle Royal
    Featuring Divas from Raw, SmackDown, ECW and the past.
    Winner becomes first ever Ms. WrestleMania

Tom's Pick: I'll go with Mickie James but I get a feeling Trish will come back and win this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels

Tom's Pick: Undertaker. Too easy.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Legends Handicap Match
    Jimmy Snuka, Roddy Piper & Ricky Steamboat w/ Ric Flair (Rourke at Ringside) vs. Chris Jericho

Tom's Pick: Legends. Damn shame too.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unified Tag Team Championship Lumberjack Match
    The Colons vs. Miz and Morrison

Tom's Pick: Miz and Morrison. Be Jealous!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Intercontinental Championship Match
    JBL vs. Rey Mysterio

Tom's Pick: Rey Mysterio. I could honestly care less. Talk about uninspired.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Extreme Rules Match
    Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy.

Tom's Pick: Jeff Hardy.
  6. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Just got back from watching it. Talk about a good show. That Taker-Michaels match was insanely good. Honestly might be the greatest match i've ever seen. Hardy-Hardy was good but a little short. Cena-Big Show-Edge was extremely predictable but so are most John Cena matches. The Money in the Bank match was really good, but I wanted Christian to win. Orton-Triple H was good but I didn't like the ending that much. Mysterio-JBL was funny. The legends match was kind of uninspired, but Steamboat can still bring it. I wish it would have just been him and Jericho. Piper and Snuka were kind of just there. What happened to the tag team title match? I was looking forward to that one.
  7. TitanTom0987

TitanTom0987 This Post Is Rated RKO

They put the tag match on pre-show. The Colons won. It'll be on the DVD set.
  8. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

That's lame. I'm sorry but you don't put a championship match on the "pre show". But whatever.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.