Wycheck not yet committed to brain donation

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Former Titans tight end Frank Wycheck had concussion issues during his career. In retirement he closely follows news developments about head trauma in the NFL and the health of former players who deal with it.
    But he just told me he was surprised to learn his name was in a New York Times article on a list of a dozen athletes who have agreed to donate their brains for study.
    "I did say I was interested in doing it and I know they are doing good stuff," Wycheck said. "But I haven't fully committed to doing it. I definitely want to think long and hard about doing it. Of course I am interested in helping however I can, even when I am six feet under."
    Wycheck works as the color analyst for Titans Radio and co-hosts a morning sports talk radio show in Nashville, on which I appear three hours a week.
    I suspect my hour with the crew tomorrow will be spent discussing the value of his brain.

More...

2. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

Merrill Hoge's brain should have the "fast track" into this type of research. Actually, they could have it now. He won't miss it.

3. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

Good story, Kind of weird though.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I thought about donating my brain to science fiction...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar