XBox Pricing Help!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by VolnTitan, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Hey Folks...

So I have this Xbox 360 that I rarely mess with. It isn't the system, it is just I'm too busy and the PS3 is used more for me. I like it and the graphics and everything are great, so certainly don't want this to be a xbox vs. PS3 thread. Anyway a family member has inquired about buying it for their kid, but I have NO idea how much a fair price would be. I don't want to rip anyone off, but I don't want to give it away either. So, could you much more knowledgable folks give me an idea of what I should ask? Here is my set up....

xbox 360 go pro with 20gb HD
    2 Wireless controllers
    2 rechargable battery packs
    2 charge and play cords
    2 headsets
    Xbox wi-fi adapter
    Madden 09
    NCAA 09
    Halo 3 (? - whatever the last Halo was)
    Gears of War
    Ultimate Alliance
    Forenza (? - some racing game that came with it)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Like I said, I didn't mess with it much and I have probably only put about 20 hours or so on it.

2. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Off a quick guess I would say 500-600 is a fair price....with the hardware alone your looking at around 400+ if they bought the 360 new, and your throwing in 6 games, I would say if you want to be nice for xmas say 450-500, but 550 seems pretty fair.

Figure 200 for the console(and its 20g so thats a +) Controllers(Wireless) and add-ons, headset, and wireless adapter(which is still 70-100 bucks) your looking at 400 right about there almost. add 6 games which at the least would be 20 bucks per seems like 500 is just about right, in my opinion.

3. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Man. I was think like $250 max. You think $500 is fair price?

4. titans4life10

wow $250??? wanna sell it to me? lol

250 i think would be tooo low...but if your being real generous go for 400 to 450...I was giving you what I think is fair value on the market, but since your selling it to family, for xmas for kids...do 400 i guess?

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, I'd send you 300 via paypal tomorrow for it. lol I'd go with 500. At least get 350 out of it.

6. titans4life10

heed the advice....its not often me and Gloat agree on something....

250 is way too generous for all your giving, to me Id feel like you were getting robbed, unless your really going for the Santa routine.....which with the way the economy is right now, its not a bad thing.

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Thanks! I just want to be fair and I want them to feel like they are getting something that they just can't go to Wal-mart and get close to the same price. Got to keep family harmony!

8. titans4life10

have you asked what they think is a fair price?

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Well, that's kind of the rub. They don't want to tell me because they want me to be fair and not just give it away. One of those there catch-22 situations....

10. titans4life10

Well I dont see how they could say less than 300, so I would just ask them, I mean Im sure they dont expect you to go dirtball cheap....your saving them money and the trouble of Wally World.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar