Yahoo News: Reggie Bush being investigated

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...c5nYcB?slug=cr-bush042306&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Yahoo! Sports report: Reggie Bush's family home

By Charles Robinson, Yahoo! Sports
    April 23, 2006

SPRING VALLEY, Calif. – In this sprawling hilltop community with a breathtaking view of Sweetwater Lake, it was no secret who lived in the 3,000-square-foot house at the corner of Apple Street and Luther Avenue.

That home, residents would tell you, was where Reggie Bush's family lived.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

30 Million will buy a nice home. Hard to believe they couldn't wait a few more months if true. Which is why I have a hard time believing it. On the other hand, who doesn't want to get theirs, while the school rakes it in off you. Shouldn't hurt Bush at all, but does bring into question his ethics. Once you break a rule, it becomes easier to break another, and as a #1 pick, that's a big thing.

3. i dont see what the big deal is when hes gonna be totally good for it, and hes just trying to take care of his family, which it the man thing to do and i respect him even more for it

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

it is against the rules for one thing, regardless if he is going to be totally good for it.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Everyone can break the law and take care of their family, but at who's expense. That's why we have rules. And why most people don't break them, because ultimately, it has an negative impact on more people than we realize. Like I said, I understand where he's coming from, and it seems rational, but it isn't as clear cut as one might think it is. Which is why the rule exists.

Now if you believe a rule is unjust, you try to get it changed, you don't break it. There will be consequences to pay if the story is as clear as it appears.

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

"...Yahoo! Sports approached Bush's mother about information linking the property to Michael Michaels, a man who is alleged to have tried to play a role in steering Bush toward an agent and who also has ties to a sports marketing company."

I mean really... his mother named him Michael Michaels??:sad2:

7. lol that would suck, but what is this rule that im not aware of?

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

isnt that child abuse?

anywho they aint allowed to recieve any gratutities from outside sources like Sports agents, businesses i think etc.

9. smili

smili Starter

Strange that this comes out now.

If you're a bank wouldn't you just loan him Bush the money contingent on some insurance policy - similar to what Leinart signed if he got hurt and/or fell out of the top so many picks of the draft?

Why would he need to tell his parents to move into this other guy's house?

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

This could get ugly. ESPN said they could lose thier 2 National Championships.....and if this is coming out now, more will come out soon, to include other players/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar