Yeah Let's Cut CJ!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Nov 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

You are making excuses as to why CJ didn't run well. CJ, a play maker and whom many consider our most dangerous weapon. A player who is getting paid top dollar.

Now go and look at someone like AP. That is a REAL play making RB. He has had 3 different QBs with different styles play at all different times behind a god awful Oline. The talent gap between these two is incredibly huge.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

and AP probably dont wear granimals

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I get so tired of these threads and I would just ignore them but unfortunately half the discussions on this board during the season are on this topic. So let me go ahead and make my usual points...

1. Yeah, I hate CJ's contract and so does everyone else. I'm sure the Titans regret it as well.
    2. That being said...stop bringing up his contract when discussing his play on the field. If you dislike CJ's play then actually state football reasons why and not just how much he makes.
    3. CJ relies on a quality OL to get going, along with 90% of the other NFL RBs. When you've been playing against top run defenses all year until the past couple weeks and you've been playing from behind in most cases then it's hard to get a running game going.
    4. Also, please stop comparing Chris Johnson to Adrian Peterson, it's really not fair to either. They play two different styles and Peterson is going to go down as a top 5 back of all time when it's all said and done, CJ? Not so much...
    5. I don't see a bright future for CJ with the Titans. I think he's a very good player and when the line is actually opening up some lanes then he's one of the most dangerous players in the NFL. Unfortunately, like in my 3rd point, this doesn't happen very often.

I do not hate CJ, I do not love CJ, but I do try to be fair when discussing players. I will probably be accused of being a CJ fan or defender (for whatever reason, like either is really a bad thing). Like it or not, CJ is the key to our playoff hopes. If he can get it going like against the Rams during this key stretch then we're going to be a dangerous team.

• High Five High Five x 5
  4. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Not defending CJ, but where is he supposed to run if the O-Line can't create lanes? Against the Rams the rushing lanes were there and he delivered.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

You can say he is not a play maker, but he does lead our team in TD's out of all our other skill position players. So what does that say about everyone else on the team?

As inconsistent he is, he is still our biggest play maker and he looked real good today.

I wish instead of people complaining about how he is gonna do well against weaker teams and probably stay on the roster next season, they would realize if he does well and Jake and our defense can return to form like they were playing the first few weeks, this is a PLAYOFF team.

Silver linings, damn it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

So is Jake that player?

[​IMG]

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

The silver lining in the upcoming weeks has nothing to do with CJ, **** CJ. It has everything to do with the line and how they gel vs. weaker run D teams. This is what will probably bring the OL together and really get things moving.

8. Tim

Tim Starter

He's doesn't get enough carries. He is one of the biggest playmakers on the team or the biggest . Feed him the damn ball

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

CJ is still a beast. Get him in space and let him do work. When Greene's healthy we have a great duo. Don't break that up.

10. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

If Kenny Britt goes over over 70 yards next week, I wonder if there's going to be a "Yeah Let's Cut Britt!" thread by TitansWillWin2

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar