Yeah yeah another "He got cut thread"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ryan, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Well not exactly cut...

But seriously.. every time someone gets cut or released people make threads on here going crazy over it saying how badly we need him.... BUT. I think this is different. Javon Walker wants out of Denver. I seen it on Mike and Mike earlier and I thought to myself.. With all the Roy Williams , Chad Johnson , and Donte Stallworth discussion I believe Walker would be the better option for us. If we can bring in Walker then someone like a DJ Hackett or Bryant Johnson we would be better off then paying huge bucks for Chad or Roy.

What do you think of Walker?

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

He signed a 5 year - 40 million dollar deal with the Broncos (2 of those years are done). Usually in those deals the back-end years of the contract are pretty high dollar wise; I'm not sure I want a guy who's that well paid, who really hasn't done much of anything in three years.

Happy New Year by the way. :)

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'd love to get a proven wideout who's head and shoulders better than what we've got. The problem is, many of these guys are just too arrogant and greedy. And we don't throw enough or have a prolific enough passer for them to be very happy about coming here. Walker seems like one of those.

4. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

He could keep Givens company in rehab. Thats about it. Theres gonna be better,younger,faster and cheaper WR's available this offseason so why risk splashing the cash on him?

5. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Walker is a stud, but a better option than Ocho? No sir.

6. I would rather have Hackett/Stallworth just because they are younger, and IMO better then walker..

but Walker is still a very physical, fast, and athletic reciever that i think would do good things in nashville.

7. BACK2SMASHMOUTH

BACK2SMASHMOUTH TD's Please...

Wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. I live in Colorado and this guy is a freaking greedy, whining, D-bag.

You know why he wants out of Denver? Because he couldn't stay healthy long enough to keep the #1 spot over Brandon Marshall who had a huge 2nd year with 102 catches. He's so selfish that he'd rather go somewhere else and be the #1 than stay here and be the 2.

He was bad news in Green Bay too. Wanted to re-negotiate his contract after one good year when he still had a couple years left on the one he'd already signed. He was gonna hold out, and not hold up his end of the bargain, forcing the Pack to trade him so that someone else(the Bronco's) would give him his pay-day. Now he's pulling the same crap here. Ungrateful piece of trash if you ask me.

If it happens once it's to be noted, happens twice it's a trend. I don't want this guy anywhere near Nashville.

Happy New Year to all by the way:))

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

even if Jerry Rice was a Titan, he still wouldn't be a 1000 yard, 10TD guy
    we need better talent at the position no doubt
    but i just don't see the passing game ever being "explosive"

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Ummm, what you are saying about his situation in Denver may well be true, but he was getting paid WAY less than his market value in Green Bay and that was the reason he held out. Why should he play for pennies on the dollar when he had already proven that he was worthy of a big contract?

Still, he is a 29 year old receiver with injury concerns and possible character issues. No thanks.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

dat's what I'm a-honkin'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar