Yeah yeah another "He got cut thread"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ryan, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Well with more WR talent, TE talent, and a coordinator like Dinger back....eh you're right :lol:

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

furthermore, we'll NEVE HAVE A DUO LIKE Harrison/Wayne, Boldin/Fitz, Moss/Welker, CJ/TJ, etc.....

not until wee have a new QB, HC and OC

3. CNYTitanFan

CNYTitanFan Guest

...and/or a new owner.:suspect:

4. BACK2SMASHMOUTH

BACK2SMASHMOUTH TD's Please...

He had 1 good year in GB and held out...He still had, i believe, 2 years left on his contract. If you sign a contract, be good for it. Maybe hold out in the final year. But one good season a career does not make. The Packers didn't owe him what he was asking for and they ultimately had to trade him as a result. He gets to Denver and pulls the same s#!t.

GB was a loser while he was there. Denver missed the playoffs in back to back years since he's been here for the first time in about 10 years. I'm not saying it's all his fault but losing teams tend to have losing players. He seems like one to me.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, and what happened in the first regular season game the year he didn't hold out? he tore his ACL.

it's hard to blame these guys for trying to get every penny they can while teams will still give it to them.

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

It was his rookie contract. If a seventh-round pick that makes a few hundred thousand dollars per year makes the pro bowl, he will rightly hold out for a larger contract if the team doesn't see fit to offer him one. Javon, I believe, was a second round pick so it wasn't quite that extreme, but he had one solid year followed by a top 5 WR year and was still making pennies on the dollar for what he was worth. All of that aside, why is it that a player should not be able to ask for more money when his market values goes up, but a team can cut a player the instant he is not worth what he is making?

He had a pretty good year last year despite a qb change and an offense that wasn't exactly off the charts. I don't think Denver would consider him a bust. I would love to have shelled out 40 mil to a receiver who would get 1,000 yards.

7. BACK2SMASHMOUTH

BACK2SMASHMOUTH TD's Please...

Because like I said, 1 year a career does not make. He fell out of favor so fast in GB that they said F it we'd rather trade you than pay you. Since then GB has apparently done something right.

40 mil for a guy who's proven he a good receiver when he's healthy, and that he's a pain in the *** for every organization he's been with whether or not he can actually limp his way onto the field? No thanks. I'll take a guy who I don't have to worry about spitting in our face in 2 years. This all comes down to Brandon Marshall. He's the stud now because Javon is not. That made little Javon angwy... Poor Javon. Get out of the trainers room and on the field then.

I don't have those feelings to every player who's had injury problems, just to guys who act like a team shouldn't have a contingency plan for them when they have a history of sitting out...Get over yourself Javon, it's a team game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar