Yep Letting Mac go was best for the titans...................

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I wonder if vegas has a line on McNair being hurt/missing practice I suspect one could get odds if you were inclinded toward it. My personal prediction is week 7, and on a related note I also have C. Brown going down/missing action more than normal(sarcasm) by week 7 also. Could be the perfect juice situation.

2. ilincoln

ilincoln Camp Fodder

Thats a great graphic, luv the hater tots!!! You might want to try reading more than the first line of my posts... I just got done posting it WAS time for Steve to leave. AND, we are not better off for it, But Steve is. He will play for a better team, and we get to suffer through collins. Where did I ever say we should pass on Young? I think your confused. Would you really rather have Collins mentor Young OR have Steve finish his carreer as a Titan and get Vince ready at the same time. This thread is titled "Yep Letting Mac go was best for the titans..................." not "we will be better in the long run" and I would take issue with that as well. So after yesterdays game you would still rather have Collins as your starting QB then Steve? Come on now you can be honest, its ok to agree with the hater on occasion. I think you are the secret hater around here. But ill try to keep that between us.

[​IMG]

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

roos handled merriman yesterday.

4. talldrinko

talldrinko Guest

Fisher never gave Billy Volek a chance ,last preseason game
    he had 1 play ,checked off 54 yds for a td but we have to
    suffer thru collins when we have 2 better qbs on the bench.

5. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Sure was smart to just boot a League MVP quaterback who had given his body to this franchise and taken us this franchise higher then it ever has before and have basically no one to go with at this point. Yep just let him leave and get absolutly nothing for him and while were at it just lock him out of the facility. While were at it lets just go ahead and let go of Keith Bulluck and let him find out about it in the paper!!!! Hes over his prime anyway he always get faked on a bootleg and just whiffs tackles so lets just let him go to maybe to the Ravens.

6. ilincoln

ilincoln Camp Fodder

KB would be happy to hang out with Mase and Rolle. Its not new news how Bud deals with players, Earl heard he was traded on the radio! I hope it gets better soon, they are going to bed with KC, hope he looks good in the morning.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Wow. Your post makes me wet. I like that graphic. I've always known never to really screw with you but damn, that looks like it took some time. This is some Luke meets Anakin **** right here, America.;) Out of respect, I'll answer your questions and keep my rebuttles to some of your comments to myself. I don't think you ever said that we should pass on Vince Young. I am of the school of thought (now, despite posts from late winter and spring) that says McNair and Young could not realistically be on the same roster for a number of reasons I feel unnecessary to enumerate here. Yes, I would rather have Steve be here instead of Collins and have Young be our guy all at the same time but it became apparent a while back that scenario just was not feasable. The only shot we ever had of keeping McNair was to go with another position in the draft, which I feel would not be best for our long term perspective. I don't believe I ever stated that I would rather have Collins starting instead of McNair. I think I'd rather have anyone that does not take 25% of the big enchilada with his cap number though. To me, that is what it boils down to and that is why I posted that wordless post picturing a pile of cash. In fact, I'm not really sure what you disagree with me about, but I must admit you are entertaining.

8. ilincoln

ilincoln Camp Fodder

Thanks for the props... I am starting to think that everytime we cant keep a player with a team, the FO uses the too expensive excuse. Maybe its just me, but I would rather have signed Mcnair, and offered less to Young. Proven commodity vrs an unknown. (what if that causes a hold out? wouldnt be the first time and you would have steve to run things and urge the kid to come in) It was the FOs mistake in handling our veteran leader that set the tone and got us into deep water. Are we going to go through this again, after spending years grooming Vince, Will the FO piss him off and loose a chance to even negotiate a deal when another team comes calling. As far as taking shots at each other - I liked the "Flaking" and "Drawing out the hater" comments so much - I had to jump in & stir it up. I named my self the official hater after getting into a typing match previouosly. The other poster kept saying I was hater because i had posted negative comments about a player they liked. Actually, I almost always side with the players, so "hater" couldnt be further from the truth, but now its my badge of honer. I also dont read the boards at all in the off season, I browse here in there during the season too see what people are thinking. Invariable everytime I post some thing I get some interesting responses. Maybe its because im the hater. My sarcasm tends to heat thing up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar