Yi WILL NOT SIGN WITH BUCKS

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by DCtitan49, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Yi Jianlian has said he will definatly not sign with the Bucks, which will cause a trip to the US to be delayed, if a deal doesnt get done, and Yi isnt traded, he could end up missing the 2007-08 season, and play in China.

His coach in China wants him to sign with the bucks, because he doesnt want this to hurt chinas reputation and relationship with US basketball.

2. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

this is just another crybaby jock. living in milwaukee i can say no one really seems to want him either. kind of like if you dont want to be here, then we dont want you here. as it is no one cares about the bucks...they suck. its all about the packers up here.

3. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

maybe, the bucks will get suckered into trading Yi for Brendan Haywood and Etan Thomas, maybe throw in a draft pick.

4. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Hell, we don't even know how good this kid is. I mean, he did look pretty good posting up a chair and a 5'11 trainer in workouts.

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

well personally i think Yao is overrated, but this kid could be good.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Yao is not overrated. He's the best Center in the league. He manhandled Shaq on National Television and took his throne his first year in the league. Ask the players if he is guardable. He's not. Is there anyone else who could guard Shaq? Ever. Yao can. And Shaq admits it. Duncan has trouble with him too. They all say it. He improved his game every year. And now he has a powerful post game which he did not have before. What about Yao is overrated? Is he not the best Center is the league?

Season 25.0 ppg
    Rb 9.2
    2 asst

Playoffs 25.1
    rb 10.3
    1 asst

I mean seriously.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

As far as YI, he will never be Yao, because he is more like a Pippen or Kirilenko. He's probably not going to score like Yao.

YI shoukd play for the bucks for three and then get out. That's fair.

But the Bucks should have known better. Why make that blunder. Why pick the guy who shut you out of their sessions and let the other teams in. Makes no sense. The guy is from China, and I think the Bucks have to be sensitive to that. It's a reality. Not an illusion. Not all U.S. players would want to play for a small town in China. The same is true for the International Players. It's just a reality that the nba has to deal with, and the bucks should have known better. He sent them every signal.

Regardless, YI Should sign. Those three years will fly by.

But given the situation, the bucks should make the trade because as was said, if he don't want to be there, trade him.

I definately see both sides of it. And I blame the Bucks. Yi was definately the right pick from the talent pool, but make it, and then trade it. And tell him you are going to trade him early. The Bucks tried to git a square peg into round hole, and finally are getting the big picture, it won't happen.

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

lebron james scores 27 a game and i still think he is overrated....

9. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

yao isnt a dominate center, he scores probably 50%-60% of his points outside the paint, or off jumpers inside the free throw line....

he isnt the best center in the league....shaq is a gamebreaker, hes bigger and stronger then yao, and back in his prime he would eat everyone in this league for breakfast....

10. PhiSlammaJamma

Shaq is no longer the best Center. Sorry. He doesn't even play half a season. It's over. But even worse, his average is a really low compared to Yao.

He is at 17.3 ppg
    7.4 rpg
    2 asst

As far as points in the paint, you are way wrong, if fact, you will hardly ever see a face up jumper from Yao. That is so wrong. In Adelman's offense, you may just see that, but under Van Gundy, he played with his back to the basket on ever posession. To prove it, his points almost all come from the free throw line. He plays a power game. Nearly the same FT per game as Shaq and Karl Malone. That doesn't come from jumpers outside the paint. That comes from banging down low.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar