You do understand Munch lost this game right?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DownSouthPlayer, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm talking about for the season bud.

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

hasseldick missed a wide open cook for a td on third down...That was huge!

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I felt like once we got the first down at the 40 yd line we should have run the ball 3 straight times. This would have forced the Colts to use all their timeouts or if they didn't then we let the clock run down and try the last second field goal.

This loss was on everybody. The defense couldn't make the key stops and the offense didn't execute when it really needed to. The refs certainly didn't help us out, but you can't blame the loss on them. It was pretty much a total team loss from the offense, defense and coaches.

Luck needs to be given credit because he played great. That kid put the ball on the money numerous times with guys draped all over him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. amy

amy Starter

It's a TEAM effort, and the TEAM effort came up short. If you want to cast blame, cast it on all of them. Had Bironas got the field goal we could have won in regulation; If Britt had not had the penalities, we would have scored twice perhaps. If, if, if,if. It's over and done. Next game is coming. You can start preparing your blame now. Just pick out something; someone on the team will surely do it.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Hasselbeck played really well yesterday. For as well as he played, I'm kind of shocked that we didn't put up as many points as we should have. Britt's two obvious pushoffs were horribly obvious.

BTW, Bironas would have been kicking WITH the wind in the 4th.

But that missed field goal earlier on is effectively what lost us the game. Should have never gone into overtime.

Believe it or not, Michael Whiffin was probably the defensive player of the game. That blocked kick and he looked not half-bad on defense.

6. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Lol VY was his own demise. A franchise QB can turn the ball over and make poor decisions with the football...but have you ever seen a "franchise" QB asking his coach not to put him back in because of a few boos? I know I haven't lol. Never mind skipping team meetings too. But look, I was willing to overlook all that, cuz he was the superior talent to KFC. KFC played well in 08 obviously, but I honestly was praying we didn't give him a new signing bonus , it's decisions like that why we're irrelevant more times than not. Look at the Ravens, they cut Dilfer the year he won the SuperBowl cuz they know what they're doing.

Anyway, back to VY, yeah I was against keeping him on the bench for 09 and thought Fisher's hatred for him clouded his coaching judgement and even knocked on Fisher for being so fast to put in Rusty when VY hurt his thumb...BUT VY didn't fight to stay in, he expected Fisher to baby him. So that's where they're both childish, I'll agree there. However, as I said, VY was his own demise, as soon as he threw a fit in front of everyone in the locker room. Why are you so mad? You didn't fight to keep your job. And if he would have lost his cool during office hours, I would have had no problem with it. And he most likely would have been the Titan's starting quarterback for at least another season. VY has no one but himself to blame, and he's been cut 3 times in the past 3 years and couldn't even back up Ryan Fitzpatrick, so he's not exactly making anyone eat crow.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Please stop talking about that idiot Vince Young. We already have 20 threads for that.

And i'm sick and tired of people automatically injecting fisher when you disagree with something this coaching staff did like every decision Fisher made was wrong.

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

It sounds like we agree pretty much.

9. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

you cant pin a game one 1 play. We had plenty of opportunites to win this game and we didnt. Good football teams find ways to win games, we are not a good team. I sait it at beginning of year 7-9. Book it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar