You\'ve just been appointed HC of the Tennessee Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I'd be mediocre for 17 years and in the meantime, I'd party. It's worked for Fisher.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

So many ridiculous ideas in this thread. It blows me away that people think trading away your best player in the prime of his career is a good step to take when rebuilding a team.

3. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

I hire Jeff Fisher as my assistant head coach, and then immediatly fire him again.

To get the message across.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

Seppuku

5. stump1000

stump1000 NFL Insider

Jeff?? Is that you? :lol:

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

1. I'd watch to see what players are the most serious about getting better. I'd watch for guys showing up early and watching film. I'd see what guys put forth the extra effort. Then I'd cut VY and whoever else deserved it.

2. If VY made it through step one I'd play him until he got injured (about one quarter) and then I'd pull out my laptop and check with the message boards on what I should do because obviously listening to the medical staff and coaches isn't the right thing to do.

3. I'd leave VY in the game even if he couldn't throw and fumbled and when he sucked I'd post the Bud Adam's double finger on these message boards with the heading---"How Do You Like Me Now".

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

to much to list.

8. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

So you are suggesting a four of

Babin-Jones-Albert-Morgan :brow::brow:

I agree with jesse, put Damian Williams back in for Gage, thought williams showed excellent hands when gage was out. A tidy slot reciever.

9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

-- Fire Fisher/ Cut Vince Young (At the point Fisher has done what he will do in the NFL and Young has proven that he is not going to be able to be mature enough to be a franchise QB.)

-- Hire Ron Rivera (Rivera is a great coordinator and I think it is time for him to get his chance as a NFL head coach)

-- Trade for Kevin Kolb

-- Sign Free Agent Mike Tolbert

-- Sign Free Agent Thomas Davis/ Chad Greenway

Draft
    1 - BPU on defense
    2 - Trade for KK
    3 - BPU on defense or interior Oline
    4 -7 Depth/ Project players

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Gunny, I'm honestly surprised that you would start a thread with this premise. It also seems unnecessary since most of forum discussion currently revolves around future changes and not the 2010 season.

I would fire Fisher and cut VY. I think in the near term it makes us worse without Vince, but it's more difficult to start a new regime that has to use VY as QB.

A new HC probably means all new coordinators. I would want the new HC to run the team the way he would want. (I wouldn't give him over a decade with Fisher results. Unless a HC is winning multiple SBs, he doesn't warrant longevity)

For sure keep CJ and Britt and use them as weapons. I would take a lot of advice regarding O-line and Defense. I've always liked McRath. I would consider making him and Griffin (although questionable) career Titans player (longterm contracts). Keep Bironas. There is young talent here in players, just have to weed through it and be responsible contract wise.

I'd like to seriously target Nick Fairley and Luke Stocker (yeah a TE... so, couldn't we have skipped the Craig Stevens and Jared Cook draft picks and just waited for this guy?!? After all, Scaife is pretty much still the #1 guy!) in next year's draft.

Jim Harbaugh is my favorite coaching name that's been thrown out there. Gruden is my 2nd choice currently. Some coordinators have been mentioned, and I'd be ok with giving someone new a shot. I would avoid Rob Ryan and anyone from the "Ditka/Ryan/Fisher" coaching tree. Someone with a "offense, high scoring" philosophy over someone with a "tough defense, grind it out" style. The NFL has moved in the direction of offense regarding playstyle, penalties, etc. I want a coach that reflects that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar