You will never guess what I heard when I put my ear to the street.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Oct 1, 2006.

?
  1. yes, of course he will

27.8%
  2. afraid not, his days are numbered big time

33.3%
  3. unsure

38.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

NO, no, no excuse.
    "His" players are the ones that take the field when he does.
    Every NFL coach has players leave.

2. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

Hehe, Fantasy football was the only thing that made todays butt whoopin worth watching or listening to in my case. I had Terry Glenn and Julius Jones starting because our D is so great and all, and had Dallas D starting. I kicked some serious butt myself, although I'd much rather see the Titans win.

As for Fisher, I'm still unsure about his being here next year. I still think his biggest downfall is his loyalty to his coordinators. It's been quite obvious for the past few years that our D sucks. Two years ago we were putting up pts left and right but couldn't stop anyone from scoring and the D is still at it. I think Reese and our Coordinators should go but not sure about Fisher yet.

3. ROCKYMTNTITAN

ROCKYMTNTITAN Camp Fodder

Very True. I just wonder what he's done to lose control of this team? I've always respected his "take no bull" style of coaching...perhaps it just got old? I still respect him a great deal, but what is the reason he keeps Schwartz :gag: on his staff? I cannot figure this out! IT is going to be his demise.

So...if he's gone next season, what are some names we can start throwing out to consider? Gregg Williams? Wade Phillips? others???:hmm:

4. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

If he doesn't want to be here next year, then he should just leave now rather than ruin a season, and ruin the future of rookies.

I choose not to believe this.

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Hoffa, I understand what your saying, but at the same time...look at what bad salary cap handling can do? We have lost the team that made him who he is today! I agree, that the team on the field is his, I was just throwing another factor in there about why he possibly may not want to be here. We all know that Loyalty is a non-factor here in Tennesee.

6. ROCKYMTNTITAN

ROCKYMTNTITAN Camp Fodder

Good Point. Why string it out?

Dang Chicago looks good.

7. Hoffa

I think it started last year, his preferential treatment for Pacman PO'd some veterans.
    His stubborn loyality, and unwillingness to admit when he makes a bad choice. And it WILL be his demise here.
    We'll have to wait and see who else gets canned. I think this would be an attractive job for a lot of coach's.

8. Hoffa

I think he would rather stay here, but who knows.

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Do you really think that, in this team's current state, that we'd be able to attract a marquee HC such as Gregg Williams or even Wade Phillips?

We are now in a situation where if we begin to look for a HC we'll hire an assistant who will be taking the job because he is unable to land one of the "marquee jobs" in the NFL.

Face it folks.

We're the bottom of the barrel.

10. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

I don't know...Hoffa is a pretty tough name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar