You'd hate to be this guy

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I expected a link to TitanFan4Life's profile :ha:

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

people are beign babies over youtube, like the nFL, its a shame really

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

What a *******. Did he really think he wouldn't get caught?
    It looks like an inside job.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It is essentially copyright/reproduction and to a degree piracy.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i bet those two kids who made youtube are happy they sold it to google.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I don't think there is a case. It is th fault of FOX that someone who had access did that. That is like suing a states transportation department for wrongful death because the person that came to your house and killed your spouse drove a car to get there. It's up to FOX to notify youtube of copyright infringements and I know youtube will happily comply and even self police. Fox isn't losing crap. People are nuts for that show. If anything they are getting free advertising.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No doubt Youtube knew of the copyright infringment, as would whoever posted it. And ignorance of the law is not a defense.

It would be difficult for Youtube to police all videos considering how many there are.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Seems like a napster case. Youtube is ultimately going to lose. They provide a tool for copyright infringement. They are all but done. I myself, hate copywirhgt, and think it is the most stultifying thing ever, but it is what it is.

They should sell to microsoft or apple, or sony and just get it over with. These companies will align with hollywood within the year, and youtube will be a memory. The guy who sold it, sold at it's peak. Smart move. Once the big boys get their mits on an idea it's over for the little guy. I'm still surpised google has been able to hold on over microsoft.

What I like is that the service provided by Itunes, Xbox, and whatever has been really good. They are providing a decent service so everyone benefits. Even the artist. Napster pushed the technology, and suffered for it, but we have benefited since the artists got in line.

I love youttube, but it's got a short life span now. It was too good.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

YouTube really aren't in trouble...yet.

They just have to produce the name of the user who did it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar