Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

You'd hate to be this guy

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Verner
    Moolah:
    $327
    you tube just sold to google for 1.65 billion dollars.
    I think they will find a way out.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/19/t...18406e3a1e91dd&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,049
    dayum, how does Google get its money anyway?
  2. LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Moolah:
    $0
    Sure, i think what this guy did was wrong, but to take off small clips of nice plays and stuff like that are just silly, thats when companies just get greedy

stocks, like ten years ago you could get a nice share for 10 bucks, now its like 45-50
  3. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    Try again, 1 share of Google goes for basically $500 (which makes the company worth over $150B).

Even when they had an IPO, shares started at over $100. I thought it was nuts. Guess I was wrong...
  4. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    Advertising and their mega-IPO a few years ago. They are THE biggest advertising source on the net.
  5. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    YouTube will avoid getting major lawsuits by making it tougher for people to post (and keep up) copyrighted works. They have to, since now that there is some real money behind YouTube (i.e. Google's billions) they become a target for lawsuits.

And they announced that they will share some of the advertising profits with the people who post vids. That will help keep posters, which will keep viewers coming...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.