Young Adds Fourth Rookie Honor to Resume

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: After winning the NFL Offensive Player of the Week on Tuesday, Titans QB Vince Young has won the Rookie of the Week honors as well. Young completed 13 of 20 passes for 183 yards and two touchdowns in the Titans’ 30-29 victory over the Buffalo Bills. Young, who also carried eight times for 61 yards including a 36-yard touchdown run in the second quarter, threw touchdown passes of 22 and 29 yards in the Titan’s sixth consecutive win. Young has won this award four of the last five weeks.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

He also won the Golden Peacock from NBC Sports!

3. Lumebray

Lumebray Virtus Et Honor

any reason why he wouldnt get rookie of the year?

4. If he looks terrible on Sunday...

5. Even if he doesn't play well against the pats, I think he'll still win ROY...

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

assuming jones-drew and bush dont go out of their minds and VY plays the way he is capable of, he should be a lock.

7. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

Of course he's a lock for ROY. VY will finish at worst 8-8 his rookie season. He has already surpassed two rookie records held by Elway. And to top it off he is currently riding a 6 game winning streak.

Now...If Cutler or Leinart had this resume it would be no question as to who would win it.

So, that being the case I'm to assume that it's VY's hands down.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

:yes:

I think it's a done deal.

9. ico4498

ico4498 Guest

done deal, i agree.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

you know. they probably will
    and Vince may not

but I think he'll still get the nod
    just like he did this week
    I mean he was clutch and all, but .... a case could be made for others

but there's such a fanatacism for this kid right nowl, I'm not sure it really matters. There's just too many things to consider when you take a look at the Titans since they turned him loose. the streak, the poise, his position, his adaptation, his persona, his marketability, etc.....

I think he's what the league wants in it's youth
    his team looks surprisingly different since he's been in
    there's a few rookies (like Drew) who have better stats
    but he'll get this on the intangibles

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar