Young as TE/WR

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Listening to Sirius this AM. They were suggesting Vince might be an exceptional TE or slot WR.

BP said it a few days ago. :applause:

I'd like to see us try it if the QB thing doesn't work out. (Which at this point, I don't think it will).

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

How about at QB where he should be.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

QB would be would be great if he can reclaim his leadership skills and have a commanding knowledge of opposing defenses.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

too fragile it seems now. Plus, he's of the Reggie Bush mold; has played in space since at every level. It is much easier to make a tackler miss when you have a 10 yard running start, essentially that is what he has when he runs from the QB position. He won't have an open field all the time if he is playing a more traditional WR or TE position. Even if in the slot, I'm not sure he has the foot quickness to get off the line, let alone the strength to get off a jam. It's just totally different than running free because the defense is scattered over 50 yards with their backs to you.

It sounds like it would be a great idea, but he's not a better athlete than Chris Davis, so why would he be a better WR?

5. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I'm up for putting him anywhere except QB, unless he utilizes his athletic ability, ie has more than 1 rush for 4 yards in a 60 minute game. That's a mighty expensive, inexperienced WR though!

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

anybody know VYs straight-line speed?

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

VY is a QB.

We shouldn't try him at WR/TE. If that is even a thought for our FO, we need to go ahead and trade Vince for the best pick we can get before the deadline this season.

I know he's looked bad, but some team will give up a decent (2nd or 3rd rounder) for him, I would think anyway.

Honestly though, Garrard didn't play any better than Vince last sunday and no one is on his jock. If it wasn't for all the drama of the week, this isn't discussed, imo.

8. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

A qb who other teams would be more than happy to be their starter will never switch to wr.

9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Garrard, among other QB's, have bad days. Vince on the other hand, is a bad QB who from time to time has a good game (when he decides to use his legs). Big difference.

10. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

Unfortunately, the drama does matter...

Also unfortunately, the game for Garrad was atypical.

The game for Young was typical...

But I agree, I don't think he would be a good WR/TE if he's been playing QB all his life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar