Young as TE/WR

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Call me blind then.

2. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

That guy should be fired.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

he sure doesn't play like one... c'mon now, he's not sticking throws and reading progressions. Vince plays qb about as well as I play Madden 09 and my Madden I.Q. is shameful. His only measurable success was when he played like a tailback under center... that's not quarterbacking.

Nobody would really want Vince. Maybe Kansas City... I can't imagine any team that would pay anything worthwhile and simply start the guy.

Pacman Jones was a better risk and he went for a song. At least he could play his position with the best of them.

Garrard has a full season last year of outstanding play to rest his laurels on. Not to mention his offensive line was more banged up than the Men of Charlie Company after Operation Abilene.

I don't understand why people seem to think this is all about 1 game when it's really about a last straw. Looking ok in a minority of last year's games doesn't cut it. It was so nice yesterday to just watch the ball game and relax. Like it or not Collins saved the day in week 1 and he played like a champ yesterday. It was so great to see the defense enjoy a lead for a change. Collins was sticking throws moving the markers... All day long Mike Keith was screaming Regions 1st Down Tennessee. I don't want to go back to the nail biting that is watching VY.

We keep saying we need a speed receiver... this just in... Vince is fast. Plus, we have a built in back-up qb automatically. The Titans could carry another corner or DE or something. It's like an extra roster spot. Or maybe Simms might be a suitable guy... I don't know but Collins made it look easy and I'm tired of watching Vince struggle.
    do you really believe that folks would be lining up to take Vince? You really, honestly believe that he has that much value? OK. Let's go get a 1st rounder for him then if he's so damn valuable.

The guy is a lemon. [​IMG]
    :rant:
    Finally! Someone gets it!

Truth hurts... but it will set you free! :thumb:
    REP!!!
    [​IMG]

4. The Playmaker

Do you have those in blue?

5. The Playmaker

You just don't switch players to another position in the NFL. Switching from college to the NFL is one thing (Matt Jones) but not after a few seasons.

I'm sure alot of teams would take a #3 overall pick with only 2 years experience.

Look where that got us.

How many years experience does he have? Has he had any major injuries?

Yeah he has 2 years experience and it's the last straw. A 3 year project who won a ROY his first season then an injury to his leg (NEWSFLASH that's his beast weapon, running the ball and making plays) now you want to get rid of him.

Vikings, Lions, Dolphins, Seattle, SF, Cardinals, Chiefs, Rams, Bucaneers, that's about it.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Another very significant reason that no one would take him is his cap hit. We also won't let him go because of the bonus money.

Really, this regression will be a good test to see if Vince can deal with it and grow. I'm so glad that we have Collins to hold down the fort and take charge of this season. I'm all for giving Vince another shot to earn the starting job... just maybe not until training camp...

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Dude seriously can't play quarterback. He can run if he gets the ball... He'd be wicked bad in the screen game... he can't seem to pass and lacks the mechanics. I don't think trying him at slot receiver is that asinine of an idea. Obviously it's not because sport talk personalities are seriously talking about it. It looks like we have an ok qb in the Colonel.
    yeah... but what would we get? a conditional 5th?
    what? Got us where? I said: Pacman Jones was a better risk and he went for a song. At least he could play his position with the best of them. The Cowboys got an awesome corner. He's a nutjob.. but an awesome corner the likes of which the league has not seen since Champ Baily came out. Champ is the gold standard for corners in the eyes of many. Where did what get us how? That is no kind of response. I'm merely demonstrating that Adam "Don't Call Me Pacman" Jones had/has more value than Vince "Can't Nobody Tell Me Nothing" Young. Tennessee got next to nothing for Jones. How can we seriously expect a 1st day pick for a guy who can't play his position and is so emotionally distraught about it he has to be talked off a roof every other day.
    Garrard was a pine rider for years. Whenever Byron would go down and Garrard would go in I would get nervous. Justifiably. Garrard was better. He showed in his limited work and beat Leftwich out in camp. Young was ordained qb on draft status. Plus, Garrard is alot better. I don't know about his injury history but I know Vince is a Faberge egg so what is your point with the rhetoric?
    best weapon? try only weapon and he's too scared to use it for fear of injury. A qb should be a passer first. Running and mobility should be a secondary weapon; a bonus if you will. What I saw of Young all preseason and into week 1 was total garbage. He gave me nothing to inspire hope. Firing up youtube and watching Vince tear of a 50 some odd yard run for the win isn't doing it for me. It's a 'what have you done for me lately' league and baby, the thrill is gone.
    They will attempt a position change before a trade and I promise you that none of those teams would offer a 1st day pick. I don't mean some garbage 5th rounder. I mean something with value.

I'd take Griese, Leinart, Kitna, Pennington, over Young... I'd trade straight up for Tarvaris Jackson or Alex Smith despite their uncertainties... well, maybe not. I'd rather keep Young. I don't know enough about Smith or Jackson but I promise you I'd take Bulger or Hasselbeck over Young in a heartbeat.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I really agree strongly with this post. Vince should be thinking about next year's camp.

9. ruby10football

ruby10football Camp Fodder

Why has everyone completely given up on VY? His footwork has improved, so he's improving somewhere, right?? Besides I think that maybe the whole experience of him sitting back a couple weeks and watching first hand how KC handles everything will be a huge plus for Vince. I have not given up on him yet....

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

very good comment BiPolar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar