Young, Collins, ?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

<u>IF</u> Young does not play vs SD, Collins will. But who goes in if Collins goes down, (Not saying that the PASSIVE Chargers would take a cheap shot at him)?
    If Young can't start, I would think that Fisher might put Young in for atleast one play just to say that Young was the youngest QB to ever start a playoff game. Meaning that he would not be on the inactive list.
    Would Fisher put Young in if something happened to Collins?
    Remember ....... "IF".

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think the best strategy in that scenario, would be to put Young in Shotgun and go strickly with that formation to protect Young, but not only that, to have a chance. McNair basically ran this type of offense in the Steelers playoff game, going 4 wide, and just letting it go with success. I think he could do that without risking injury and give the team a chance. It would not be pretty, but would likely give us a chance.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

You don't mess around with that kind of stuff in a playoff game.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If Young and Collins go down, we put Brandon Jones in at QB. Whom nobody will notice isn't Vince Young.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yeah this was discussed on NFL Live
    starting Collins (who opens up the passing game a little)
    and bringing Vince in for situational plays
    kind of like what you do with your RBBC approach but with QB's

IF Vince is not 100%, go with KFC

keep in mind, this would be considered a Primetime Game right ?
    we all know how Vince steps up

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

How about a combo of both? (Something that Puck hinted toward). The Steelers did this in a game vs Dallas back when Kordell Stewart and Neil O'Donnell were on the team. Both went into the huddle. Dallas had no idea which would actually be the QB. Neil the Pocket Passer pr Kordell "Slash" Stewart. One is extremely mobile while the others a statue. Which defense do you send in?

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

not sure i put them both in the backfield at the same time, but I wouldn't object to using both if the means to the end was to win the game

8. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

:ha:

I'm a little apprehensive about how Kerry can stay alive against the Chargers' pass rush, so I expect to see a lot of shotgun regardless of who's in. I have a feeling Vince might start but it'll get a little hairy. I'm leery of sticking a limp Vince out on the field. (rudest sentence I've ever construed on this forum)

9. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

Josh Miller, Ingle Martin?....those guys were on the team photo that they handed us anyway

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Do you know how much you're paying them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar