Young Excited in Debut vs Pats

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Well Vince was 5/17, 102 yards, not bad yardage, but completion % is meh, cant totally blame him tho, weather was bad, and there was no running game

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Take away the one yard completion to Scaife and he was 4/16 for about 40 yards. Ugly.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And that is how idiots skew stats folks.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Not good..

Missed a wide open roydell with a bad pass, left the pocket way too early 2x, rolled out too far twice and never seemed comfortable.

Needed to play longer to get comfortable and a better feel for the game. One crisp throw and maybe the light goes on. He obviously can't be as aggressive with his legs as he would like.

The weather is not an excuse at all.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Thunder..

Yes ugly but we have seen vince start games like that and then finish strong were he completes 60% of his passes in the second half and runs for 50 yards. He's a slow starter.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

So in doing an evaluation for production, you would include a 1 yard completion and run for 44 yards as a measurement of his passing skills? Interesting outlook.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Thunder..

You didn't skew anything you were just making a point and it wasn't a bad point.

You certainly didn't deserve to be called an idiot. I hope he gets a warning for that..

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I didn't call him an idiot. I'd call you one, though by now you probably think it is an extension of your name, you'd hear it that often.

I said that is how idiots skew stats. Learn to read.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Did I say it was a measure of his passing skills? No I did not.

Of course whether it be 5/17 or 4/16, neither is an indication of passing skills. Stats can never be an indication of passing skills.

Yards are only measured by how far the Receiver takes the ball.
    Completion Percentage is only measured by balls that a caught. No matter where it was thrown.

Stats don't take into account accuracy, power, strength, pressure, distance, dropped catches, poorly thrown passes, great throws that were well covered. Nothing.

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

hes right. an elementary level pass is the highlight of vince's preseason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar