Young Excited in Debut vs Pats

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

Of course he is right. Anyone can take away a pass and do the math to see what his stats would have been if x play didn't happen.
    Just like saying I could have said Vince Young would have been 8 of 17 if Moulds and whoever caught the ball out of bounds had of made plays.

It still proves little.
  2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I was pointing out that if you took away a pass statistic that was barely a pass....the night was even uglier. Sorry you fail to grasp deep thinking. I will try to spell things out for you in posts better. Others seem to catch on just fine.....but there is always one lagging behind.......:yes:
  3. Gunny

Deep thinking? Don't think so highly of yourself. It's simple thinking and very flawed logic.

You point out the obvious and try to make a ugly night into an uglier night with fiction. Bravo. What deep thinking was involved in that? Subtraction skills?

If Vince completed all his passes he would have had a good night. That is about the idiotic level of comments such as 'if one pass didn't happen, it would have been a uglier night'.

It is both pointless and simple to point out hypothetical situations.
  4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

The deep thinking involves taking away a play that was barely a pass, then a freakish 44 yard run after the catch. Not even close to the scenarios you used. That "pass" was about one notch above a handoff. Not the same as a receiver missing a pass downfield, or one staying in bounds. If they had a stat for "lobs", that is where that one would fall. If you want to include that play an an accurate evaluation of his passing skills, have fun.
  5. Gunny

I never claim it was an accurate evaluation.

I said it is how idiots skew stats to suit whatever need they want. You just provided an example of how it is done.

'What if' scenarios are pointless, like I said.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.