Young Excited in Debut vs Pats

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Of course he is right. Anyone can take away a pass and do the math to see what his stats would have been if x play didn't happen.
    Just like saying I could have said Vince Young would have been 8 of 17 if Moulds and whoever caught the ball out of bounds had of made plays.

It still proves little.

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I was pointing out that if you took away a pass statistic that was barely a pass....the night was even uglier. Sorry you fail to grasp deep thinking. I will try to spell things out for you in posts better. Others seem to catch on just fine.....but there is always one lagging behind.......:yes:

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Deep thinking? Don't think so highly of yourself. It's simple thinking and very flawed logic.

You point out the obvious and try to make a ugly night into an uglier night with fiction. Bravo. What deep thinking was involved in that? Subtraction skills?

If Vince completed all his passes he would have had a good night. That is about the idiotic level of comments such as 'if one pass didn't happen, it would have been a uglier night'.

It is both pointless and simple to point out hypothetical situations.

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

The deep thinking involves taking away a play that was barely a pass, then a freakish 44 yard run after the catch. Not even close to the scenarios you used. That "pass" was about one notch above a handoff. Not the same as a receiver missing a pass downfield, or one staying in bounds. If they had a stat for "lobs", that is where that one would fall. If you want to include that play an an accurate evaluation of his passing skills, have fun.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I never claim it was an accurate evaluation.

I said it is how idiots skew stats to suit whatever need they want. You just provided an example of how it is done.

'What if' scenarios are pointless, like I said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar